One thing I noticed:

I played Massanutten golf course (virginia) and my distances were either EXACTLY right with the markers, or within a yard.

I played Oak Island golf course (north carolina) and my distances were often off by about 5-20 yards.

I mapped both courses myself, and was very careful. I even went back and double checked my Oak Island points after playing a round. It's possible the course markers were wrong, but a few times I did notice it was a little off (I can guess distances pretty accurately most of the time)...

As I mentioned in my above post, I'm playing a 3rd course in the morning (mapped myself) and I'll report on my findings
    05-01-09 12:26 AM
    I went to the site and tried to download the app and got an error message. I downloaded it onto my computer and emailed it to my blackberry and opened the attachment and got the same error message. The file is BBGPSGolf.jad (832). I get a "Download failed" message and when I click Details, a "907 Invalid COD File not found" message pops up. Any suggestions?

I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 running 4.7.0.113.
    05-02-09 07:44 PM
    I just tried downloading again and no dice. I noticed the error message is slightly different when download the app directly from the site. The error message is "907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error". Still seeking help.
    05-02-09 07:54 PM
    bump. Any help?
    05-10-09 07:20 PM
    bump. Any help?
    Have you tried an install with Desktop Manager:
    1.0.17 - With Desktop Manager install
    05-19-09 09:48 PM
    can someone help me to get me mapping courses, i need a link to upload the file i need an overview on google earth i have done it last year but i forget how to do it....please help
    06-05-09 02:24 AM
    how do i install a jad on 4.5
    06-05-09 02:53 AM
    I got all info at BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone. Just follow instructions & you are ready to go!!!
    06-05-09 07:17 AM
    thank i got it now though i am having an apn problem and i cant find any courses
    06-05-09 10:13 AM
    how do i install a jad on 4.5
    You just go to the jad url on your BlackBerry browser and it will bring up the download screen.
    06-08-09 05:46 AM
    thanks i figure it out a bit the only problem is that i cant find courses that r not in my profile
    06-08-09 09:40 AM
    The app is awesome. I am, however, having trouble with the "satellite view". If I select it, it does show the map, but its WAY zoomed out (shows the whole world map?!). I don't see the icons on my screen to ZOOM IN or on my blackberry menu. How do I zoom in??
    05-25-10 07:31 PM
    The app is awesome. I am, however, having trouble with the "satellite view". If I select it, it does show the map, but its WAY zoomed out (shows the whole world map?!). I don't see the icons on my screen to ZOOM IN or on my blackberry menu. How do I zoom in??
    I've seen this problem in the past, but no longer have it happening. I am now runing google maps v4.0.2 and my 9530 OS is a .419 hybrid. I am running BBGPSGolf 1.018. With this combination, I have the zoom in/zoom out icons.
    Regardless, if you open google maps while BBGPSGolf golf is NOT open, you will see the "+" and "-" symbols. When you then do it through BBGPSGolf, you are not seeing the symbols, but the functionality IS STILL there. In other words, learn where they are when you are in Google Maps itself, then push in that same area with you are trying to view the golf course - it will zoom in.
    I suggest try upgrading to v4.0.2 of google maps and see if that solves the icon issue. If not, and you really want the icons, you may need to upgrade your OS to 5.0.0.419 or higher (and/or a hybrid)....
    Good luck
    05-25-10 11:06 PM
    Definetly a must have app if you play golf. Its a battery killer but hey as long as it lasts 18 holes who cares. And its accurate as he!! It has a few quirks but their manageable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 11:27 PM
    thank i got it now though i am having an apn problem and i cant find any courses
    Make sure your country isn't listed as Canada. Whenever I load a new OS, it seems to reset to Canada, and now courses show up. Once I change back to my home state, everything's there.
    05-26-10 12:13 PM
    Hi, I have a BB 9630 that nolonger has cell service. I was thinking about loading bbgpsgolf and load maps on to SD card and use it as my golf buddy.

But, I can't see to get the app to look just at the SD card versus trying to connect out to the internet/server. I have the connection set to XML on SD card, I have the golf course xml file download and stored on BBGPSGolf subdirectory and I have a course.xml file in the subdirectory.

I am using version 1.0.19.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    07-13-10 09:48 PM
    I got the answer from the developer... Put in a dummy userid/password in the option screen and select download my courses.

Hi, I have a BB 9630 that nolonger has cell service. I was thinking about loading bbgpsgolf and load maps on to SD card and use it as my golf buddy.

But, I can't see to get the app to look just at the SD card versus trying to connect out to the internet/server. I have the connection set to XML on SD card, I have the golf course xml file download and stored on BBGPSGolf subdirectory and I have a course.xml file in the subdirectory.

I am using version 1.0.19.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    07-13-10 10:04 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD