Ok, I searched the forums but no avail. I must have turned off my BB FB notifications somehow. Anyone know how to get it back? I've gone to the FB website and turned On Blackberry (Settings/Account Settings/Notifications/Other Applications/Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones- ON) along with the email notifications but I'm not getting either. I've turned phone off (full off) and pulled out the battery with no avail.

What am I missing?

Thx!!
    07-06-09 11:29 AM
    I get mine every time. Just wondering what version of FB, are you running in your 8350i?
    07-06-09 06:23 PM
    Do you have the FB app, or are you using the online site? If you have the app, make sure you have the settings there set to send you the notifications.
    07-06-09 07:13 PM
    I'mnot getting the alerts on the BB Facebook application (1.6.0.17) or in my email.

I've got notifications set to "On" in both places (web and FB BB App) so I'm not sure why I'm not getting them.

Do I need to uninstall/reinstall (not that I have a clue how to do that!) the BB App?

I was getting them and I don't remember what I changed (if anything). Now the only way I know if someone comments on my status or sends me a msg (inbox) is to go to the web page on my 'puter.

07-08-09 03:44 PM
    check your profiles??? i see there is a FB option in there.
    07-08-09 08:25 PM
    I'mnot getting the alerts on the BB Facebook application (1.6.0.17) or in my email.

I've got notifications set to "On" in both places (web and FB BB App) so I'm not sure why I'm not getting them.

Do I need to uninstall/reinstall (not that I have a clue how to do that!) the BB App?

I was getting them and I don't remember what I changed (if anything). Now the only way I know if someone comments on my status or sends me a msg (inbox) is to go to the web page on my 'puter.

well mines been working fine, but, just so you know you said you are using 1.6.0.17 and just to throw it out there 1.6.0.21 is now available. i dont know the differences yet cause i literally JUST finished downloaded it a couple seconds ago because this post reminded me about it... but ive been using the .17 until just now and havent noticed any problems.
    07-08-09 10:20 PM
    well mines been working fine, but, just so you know you said you are using 1.6.0.17 and just to throw it out there 1.6.0.21 is now available. i dont know the differences yet cause i literally JUST finished downloaded it a couple seconds ago because this post reminded me about it... but ive been using the .17 until just now and havent noticed any problems.
    My wife's BB 8350 is having the same issue. I checked all her settings and everything is set to ON. She's also running 1.6.0.21 FB.

Any other suggestions? I'm now thinking to uninstall and reinstall as my only solution but before I do that I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
    08-01-09 01:49 PM
    My wife's BB 8350 is having the same issue. I checked all her settings and everything is set to ON. She's also running 1.6.0.21 FB.

Any other suggestions? I'm now thinking to uninstall and reinstall as my only solution but before I do that I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
    So I kinda figured it out but it doesn't make sense. Her BB is a work BB, so she has her work email through BES and her personal gmail email setup as well.

So I changed her FB settings to email her work email instead of her personal email because her work email is the primary email on her BB. It works and now she is getting her FB notifications.

What's weird it worked before under her personal email. She believes it stopped sending notifications after she upgraded to 1.6.0.21 FB.

Any other suggestions why it would matter which email is setup on her FB settings?
    08-01-09 08:51 PM
    I have a 9530 and I've had this problem for the longest time and I still haven't figured anything out yet. My notifications just wont show up and the app itself never updates I have to go to the mobile site to check it, which is a pain.
    09-25-09 09:41 AM
    I've made this comment several times in response to similar threads: the RIM-designed FaceBook application that we use with our BlackBerries is flawed.

In my experience, and from comments by others on this forum, you will not receive 100% of your notifications with this app. I can usually open my Facebook account on my PC at any time, and see several posts there that did not make it to my BB FB.

This is, of course, very frustrating, much like not receiving all your e-mails, something that very few of us would likely put up with. I do know for a fact that iPhone users seem to not have this issue. Of the several iPhone owners that I know, they all report that they never miss a FaceBook notification sent to them.

Even the mobile site available through the BB FB will not display all of your notifications.

Why do we put up with this? I suppose that it's because it's all we've got....if we're going to own BlackBerries, we just have to settle for a half-assed app.

Does anyone else concur with this?

P.S. - I want to add that this has been true of every version of FaceBook that I have used, including the new one that was issued this week with OS 5.0 compatibility.
    Last edited by marfaboy; 09-25-09 at 10:57 AM.
    09-25-09 10:11 AM
    Make sure you have your BB email as the primary email.
    09-25-09 12:54 PM
    Make sure you have your BB email as the primary email.
    It is....you don't have this problem?
    09-25-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD