Hi Guys,

Firstly, apologies if there is a similar thread - I did look around and did not find any specific one.

I bought an unlocked BB Storm 2 9550 from India (to be fair, it is a US Verizon BB Storm 2 9550 which has been unlocked). I used it for a week while I was in India on an Indian service provider (Airtel) and everything (email, bb messenger, browser, apps, etc) worked fine - the top right corner showed EDGE. It worked fully well in India.

Then I came to UK a few days ago and put my Vodafone UK sim in it; I sent the registeration request from the Host Routing Table menu (which was confirmed). I even registered my email on mobileemail.vodafone.net. Now the email is working fine and so is the BB Messenger. BUT I am unable to use the internet such as through the browser and the apps (facebook, bloomberg, time magazine, etc.). The top right corner says 3G (and sometimes GSM when I am on a call).

I have spoken several times to the Vodafone tech staff and in the end they said that there was nothing they could do.

On the Vodafone tech staff's suggestions I have tried: deleting and reinstalling the service books (except provisioning), several battery pulls, I even tried putting back the old OS .320 (I currently have the leaked .428 version installed - in India my blackberry worked well on both versions).

Additional notes: I do not have the Vodafone Live! icon in my menu, My browser settings only show "hotspot browser" - there is no option as "internet browser" - I am guessing that will only appear when the bb internet starts working.

I hope that is all the information you need.

I will be very grateful if you can help me start the internet/gprs on my phone!

Many thanks!

EDIT: My Services Status under Manage Connections states: BlackBerry Internet Service as 'not connected' and same for BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Does that matter?
    Last edited by adambb; 01-04-10 at 02:57 PM. Reason: New Information
    01-04-10 01:14 PM
    how did you get teh browser working ?? my cracked 9550 has no internet access here in india :@
    01-04-10 01:24 PM
    how did you get teh browser working ?? my cracked 9550 has no internet access here in india :@
    As soon as I registered on Airtel's blackberry website, the icon Airtel Live! appeared and I was able to use the browser, apps, email and bb messenger easily. I am sorry if this does not help.
    01-04-10 01:48 PM
    anyone??? please...
    01-04-10 02:41 PM
    I have now reinstalled OS .320 and did a battery pull after that - now I DON'T HAVE A BROWSER ICON IN THE MENU. My email is working fine, so is the bb messenger and the bloomberg application (strangely!)

My facebook, time magazine application and blackberry app world are not working.

I don't know whats going on. I have sent the register now request again (from the host routing table) and received a reply as well. But still nothing.

HELP! PLEASE!
    01-05-10 07:05 PM
    Sounds like you're not getting the right service books so you're not connecting to BIS. Do you have a backup of a Vodafone service book that works?
    01-05-10 07:18 PM
    Sounds like you're not getting the right service books so you're not connecting to BIS. Do you have a backup of a Vodafone service book that works?
    Thanks for your suggestion andino.

The Vodafone tech guys told me to delete all the service books and then they sent them to me again. No change.

And I do not have a backup of any 'working service books' since my internet has never worked on Vodafone UK. Strangely, emails and bbmessenger is working fine.
    01-06-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD