Hello everyone,

I just downloaded the Opera Mini browser onto my Tour and I'm just trying to see how people think the two browsers compare and which one everyone prefers... I'm sorry if this is a re-post. I'm new! Just got my phone on Wednesday!
    11-14-09 03:01 PM
    yeah, its all about preferance and speed. the Omini is faster but cant play media or opening a ota links.
    11-14-09 03:09 PM
    That's annoying. So far, I'm liking the BB Browser better. I used to use the browser on my old phone (Voyager) for facebook and twitter and such but now that I have apps for both on my Tour, I don't use the browser as much. I guess I'll try using it for a week and see which I like better.

Thanks!
    11-14-09 03:11 PM
    I prefer the original browser. Fyi, try searching the posts for whatever you might be looking for, because someone has probably asked it already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 03:15 PM
    The Bolt 1.50 Browser is wwaayy better than both.
    11-14-09 03:23 PM
    Ice tried both but always seem to go back to the original browser.

11-14-09 03:23 PM
    I have Bolt and Opera 5.0. I can play media in Bolt and render almost every page. Opera's UI is slick and I love the speed dial. The only thing I use native for anymore is OTA downloads. The BB browser just doesn't hold a candle to either 3rd party option.
    11-14-09 03:47 PM
    Bolt is far better than either one of them. I still look at mobile sites in BB browser. But I deleted Opera Mini. Bolt does everything better and you can see the entire page and read it all. You don't have to zoom in. It's so much less of a hassle than Opera Mini.
    11-14-09 03:49 PM
    I have tried Bolt, and I like it, but when I try to open media such as youtube directly in the browser, it never works. What am I doing wrong?
    11-14-09 05:34 PM
    I kept OperaMini 5 together with Bolt. I like the speedial functions... but find that I use BB browser for more sites and occasionally Bolt if I want something "native" quickly
    11-14-09 05:43 PM
    eh....native browser does the job for me.
    11-14-09 08:12 PM
    The new opera beta is pretty good. I like having both browsers and use them both equally.

11-14-09 08:33 PM
    I increased the font size on the native browser and it's a much better experience for me.

11-14-09 10:15 PM
    Yeah, the BB browser is the best for mobile sites on a blackberry. But if you want to look at PC sites BOLT just works the best.

Plus I can set my Dish Network DVR to record with remote access with BOLT. It won't work with BB browser and there is no app for my blackberry. There is for the bold.
    11-14-09 10:35 PM
    Original Browser for me. I kinda like having my bookmarks in one place and I didn't find Opera to be significantly better.

You can view a full PC site just fine too by using the Page view. No real need for Bolt either, IMHO.
    11-14-09 10:37 PM
    opera beta 5 is awesome...
    11-14-09 10:52 PM
    I like the native browser the most but I'm usually on mobile sites. For a full html site I use Bolt.

11-15-09 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD