I've seen a number of previous posts on this matter, but none seem to address my issues. Am I doing something wrong. I have used both Opera & Bolt and none of them appear easy to use. Screen display is terrible in Bolt and Opera doesn't allow loading any of the pre-installed favourites such as Facebook, it won't accept my password.

However the BB native browser works fine. The column view does really help on websites not for mobile. Bolt only makes this worse,the text is tiny.

I have tried uninstallling and re-installing both Bolt & Opera, same result.

I use an Curve 8900 in the UK on O2.

any suggestions.......
    01-16-10 05:40 AM
    In Bolt, you can set the magnification levels in the Preferences that makes a big difference. I run at 2X Mag with Images on high quality, and sometimes use the split-screen option for faster navigation. This is accessed by pressing the 5 key. A small screen of the page with a scan box appears at the top. Roll the box around the page, details appear in the lower half, then you can press 5 for even more detail by going back to the standard view.

The Menus have a lot of features that can be missed, but practice can lead to a better experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 06:04 AM
    That's good information. I haven't used the Bolt browser since it first came out. I hear that there have been a number of upgrades since then. I think I will give it another try.

01-16-10 06:09 AM
    That's good information. I haven't used the Bolt browser since it first came out. I hear that there have been a number of upgrades since then. I think I will give it another try.

Many see the initial views of Bolt and go "Well, this sucks!" And go on. Bolt has a number of things that are missed, like 'Select Text' where you can Copy and Paste', the different views, the quick key scrolling shortcuts. When I get a device with greater power/processing speed, I will be using Bolt even more than I do now.

01-16-10 06:14 AM
    Bolt has a number of things that are missed, like 'Select Text' where you can Copy and Paste', the different views, the quick key scrolling shortcuts.
    OperaMini 5 beta 2 also has select/cut/copy/paste which is often unknown to the user. Just hold the trackball down on the text you wish to select and the copy/paste menu pops up. I didn't know this until I read a post about it. This has really stepped up Opera for me. I use it quite a bit. You can also scroll with the number pad: 2-up, 8-down, 6-right, 4-left, etc. The tabbed browsing and unmatched speed sets Opera apart from the competition IMO.

01-16-10 06:32 AM
    I must be an exception, I find the BlackBerry browser the best (for me) of the three, I have tried Bolt and Opera many times hoping they'll get better, but time and time again I return to the native browser. Sure its not perfect, but if I need perfect I go to my PC.
    01-16-10 06:43 AM
    I must be an exception, I find the BlackBerry browser the best (for me) of the three, I have tried Bolt and Opera many times hoping they'll get better, but time and time again I return to the native browser. Sure its not perfect, but if I need perfect I go to my PC.
    Same here. I use Bolt for a very few sites but most of my needs are satisfied by the native browser.

01-16-10 07:06 AM
    I'm a fan of Opera, cause for some reason BB browser doesn't allow me to get into my gmail account. No idea why. It just keeps connecting and never connects.
    01-16-10 08:02 AM
    ...Opera doesn't allow loading any of the pre-installed favourites
    Can you state this a different way--I'm trying to understand what you mean.

However the BB native browser works fine. The column view does really help on websites not for mobile. Bolt only makes this worse,the text is tiny.
    Opera has a mobile (single column) view for full Web pages. BOLT does not. BOLT's mobile view loads the mobile version of the site if there is one.
    01-16-10 04:19 PM
    After putting OS 5.0.0.230 on my TOUR, bb native browser runs a lot faster! Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 is my second choice... and BOLT just wasn't working for me (too slow)
    01-16-10 04:34 PM
    Can you state this a different way--I'm trying to understand what you mean.
    I'm guessing that the OP means that Opera won't import favorites from the native browser. If so, copy/paste one at a time would do the trick.

01-16-10 04:38 PM
    I'm guessing that the OP means that Opera won't import favorites from the native browser. If so, copy/paste one at a time would do the trick...
    If this is what the OP means, the easiest way is to use the Opera Desktop browser. Create an Opera Link account, import your bookmarks into Opera Desktop and all your bookmarks will be synced with your mobile--just make sure you log in to Opera Link on your mobile. Your bookmarks will be available from any browser at my.opera.com.
    01-16-10 08:19 PM
    Same! Unless i need to do something where tabbing would be useful, i use Opera.
    If i need to run some flashy/scripty page i use bolt
    01-16-10 08:25 PM
    opera 4.2.12912 on my 9700. set it to mobile view and fullscreen. that option works best for me. i want to upgrade to latest opera mini 5 beta 2 version...but i heard it doesn't have the mobile view option.
    01-16-10 08:28 PM
    ...i want to upgrade to latest opera mini 5 beta 2 version...but i heard it doesn't have the mobile view option.
    Version 5 beta has the mobile view option.
    01-17-10 11:07 AM
    i downloaded opera mini 5.0 man what a difference faster then the native browser i dont think i have used the bb browser since downloading oprea mini
    01-17-10 11:58 AM
    Version 5 beta has the mobile view option.
    but the mobile view option is different bt ver 5 beta vs 4. i like 4 better cuz it doesnt use the "mouse" to scroll around. using the mouse to scroll around is cumbersome. with version 4, i can use the trackpad to scroll up/down a page by scrolling left/right on the trackpad, press the keys 2/8 or g/h and scrolling down with spacebar. with version 5...u can only use keys 2/8 and spacebar.
    01-17-10 12:08 PM
    OperaMini 5 beta 2 also has select/cut/copy/paste which is often unknown to the user. Just hold the trackball down on the text you wish to select and the copy/paste menu pops up. I didn't know this until I read a post about it.
    Had no idea you could do that. I use Opera a lot but have always been annoyed by the lack of copy/paste. Huge find in my opinion. Thanks for sharing

01-17-10 12:44 PM
    The BB browser is my go-to browser, with Bolt a distant second.
    As for the tiny pages, I just use "i" and "o" to zoom in and out quickly.
    01-17-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD