I received a notification of a BB Appworld update a few days ago and tried installing OTA and for some reason it failed. Since then the AppWorld Icon has disappeared. I tried "Show all" and such to see if it got hidden but no such luck. Have tried battery pulls and deleting and redownloading the app to no avail. Even though the icon isnt showing my Application list shows it as an installed app...what gives?
    06-16-10 12:27 PM
    Sometimes this happens if you delete an app without using appworld to do so.
    06-16-10 12:39 PM
    I received a notification of a BB Appworld update a few days ago and tried installing OTA and for some reason it failed. Since then the AppWorld Icon has disappeared. I tried "Show all" and such to see if it got hidden but no such luck. Have tried battery pulls and deleting and redownloading the app to no avail. Even though the icon isnt showing my Application list shows it as an installed app...what gives?
    same thing happend to me on my gf`s curve? so how do i get it back.
    thanks
    06-16-10 12:43 PM
    i didnt delete it tho....it disappeared all on its own....
    Sometimes this happens if you delete an app without using appworld to do so.
    06-16-10 03:53 PM
    I will tell you this is how I nuked my phone just a few days ago. I got the app world notification to upgrade and when I tied it my phone went into constant reboot mode...what a nightmare...but thanks to some good folks in crack nation I am back in business!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 05:08 PM
    i didnt delete it tho....it disappeared all on its own....
    I didn't mean deleting appworld itself, but an app which you have downloaded that registers with appworld. I had this problem myself, I'd download an app or two just to try them out, didn't like them, and would just delete them without going into Appworld and removing them. The next time I'd turn on the phone, Appworld would mysteriously be gone.

Keeping things within appworld eliminated this problem (for me, at least). Sorry I can't be of more help.
    06-16-10 07:12 PM
    I've had mine move to another folder!!
    06-16-10 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD