H,

I have just watched a show here in the UK where they talked about mobile phone apps and not once did they mention a Blackberry, its was all Nokia, Android & iPhone.

Are we ever going to get better and more apps for blackberry? When they talked about them some of them were awesome and wish they did it for BB. Also you see apps on the net and they support all phones but Blackberry!!!

I love blackberry's and i dont think i would go to another make of phone but its a real shame there isn't more apps free or paid, pointless or helpful.

This has probably been discussed before and i apologize if this is the incorrect section also but i wanted to ask the question :P
    02-21-10 06:59 AM
    BB is not an app horse like iToy. Basically RIM gives you a platform and the aftermarket fills the gaps in terms of what business users want whereas Apple is about a multimedia platform and its aftermarket is about giving you endless forms of entertainment.
    02-21-10 07:24 AM
    Please also note that in the media eye the BlackBerry phone is still widely considered as a business phone. The great thing is that the apps can be easily made, tested and for free which makes the phone platform using either RIM's development suite or the plugin for Eclipse. Unlike Apple who at my last look locked you to their Mac OS using Cocoa and having to pay the $99 to join their dev platform. None of which are great in my opinion!

The best thing is to think of a good idea and learn how to program or just wait. If you think of a good enough idea then go for it and make some money!
    02-21-10 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD