04-16-10 11:05 PM
89 ... 234
tools
  1. FreshThePoet's Avatar
    You about hit the nail on the head. It takes time and effort to develop apps for the BB. Pandora for example is free, because they make money on advertising and paid subscriptions, they had the cash to develop an exceptional app, and that investment will be made back when people use it.
    True, and I would want to get paid as well if I put a lot of effort into something UNLESS I was trying to get recognized first you know. BUT I do think it should be fairly priced because you would make more money by a lot of people BUYING it because it's reasonably priced Vs. a small amount buying it because of the price..Even though it is a good app/game/etc.

    Shoot, I remember Sidekick trying to sell games for like $7. Dude a Mcdonalds Value Meal cost less then that and a game won't feed my hunger, their crazy.


    I ALSO will say before even purchasing a BB, I was told it had a good amount of free apps, which is true to a extent, however I d wish there was more free, GOOD games, because honestly the droid/Iphone have a LOT of free games, but it's all good because I don't really mobile game if ever. & If it's fairly priced I'd buy it, $3.00 is nothing man that's chump change.
    04-16-10 08:53 PM
  2. BerryBlack15's Avatar
    I guess theres no good freebies for blackberry owners
    04-16-10 08:53 PM
  3. FreshThePoet's Avatar
    I guess theres no good freebies for blackberry owners
    Apps wise, they are good FREE stuff. Game wise....Well you should know the answer to that.
    04-16-10 09:03 PM
  4. rdyoung's Avatar
    True, and I would want to get paid as well if I put a lot of effort into something UNLESS I was trying to get recognized first you know. BUT I do think it should be fairly priced because you would make more money by a lot of people BUYING it because it's reasonably priced Vs. a small amount buying it because of the price..Even though it is a good app/game/etc.

    Shoot, I remember Sidekick trying to sell games for like $7. Dude a Mcdonalds Value Meal cost less then that and a game won't feed my hunger, their crazy.


    I ALSO will say before even purchasing a BB, I was told it had a good amount of free apps, which is true to a extent, however I d wish there was more free, GOOD games, because honestly the droid/Iphone have a LOT of free games, but it's all good because I don't really mobile game if ever. & If it's fairly priced I'd buy it, $3.00 is nothing man that's chump change.
    I do agree that some software is WAY WAY overpriced, but if you look at it like this. BB is much harder to program for, therefore to get the highest quality product, you need more experienced programmers, who deserve to make money. If you had to have surgery, would you honestly want a lowerpriced surgeon trying to get his/her work out there? Or would you want the best surgeon money can buy?
    I know its an analogy thats way out there, but it makes the point.

    For example, when my docs2go premium trial ends in a few days, I will probably pony up for the full app because even though its a bit overpriced IMO, its still worth it for what it can do. Now if openoffice.org would create a free app thats comparable to the pc version, I would be all over that.
    04-16-10 09:03 PM
  5. fedge's Avatar
    this is so awesome of a thread i feel like im on a soap opera lol... it was smooth than rocky than smooth again lol... anyway bb's do kinda have a task manager...you can just hold the menu button down and scroll left to right and thats whats running in your background.. if theres more than 5 icons you didn't close your apps correctly i would compare that to an "app task manager" not really for processes....
    04-16-10 09:25 PM
  6. fedge's Avatar
    you are right lol thats why i del'd it lol
    04-16-10 09:27 PM
  7. DJLILM's Avatar
    this trend is entertaining lol
    04-16-10 09:27 PM
  8. FreshThePoet's Avatar
    I do agree that some software is WAY WAY overpriced, but if you look at it like this. BB is much harder to program for, therefore to get the highest quality product, you need more experienced programmers, who deserve to make money. If you had to have surgery, would you honestly want a lowerpriced surgeon trying to get his/her work out there? Or would you want the best surgeon money can buy?
    I know its an analogy thats way out there, but it makes the point.

    For example, when my docs2go premium trial ends in a few days, I will probably pony up for the full app because even though its a bit overpriced IMO, its still worth it for what it can do. Now if openoffice.org would create a free app thats comparable to the pc version, I would be all over that.
    True, if you like something and it's worth your money, then invest in it. That's why my aunt always said.
    04-16-10 09:44 PM
  9. fedge's Avatar
    the reason the apple store has so many free apps and such cheap apps is because they have suchhhhhhh a broad array of apps so its hard for other developers to compete, so what do they do ? they lower their prices. bb appworld doesn't have billions of apps.. and developers feel that if their app is original enough and no one else has one like it or theirs is the best.. they'll make you pay for it! heck i would! what other insentive do devolpers have unless their app has add's all over it.

    if i made an app for example like tether and it was faster than tether and i only charged $20 for it, which tethering app would people start buying ? tether would need to drop their price just to compete... you have alot of these kinds of instances in the apple app store.. it's all about competition.. and bb app world really doesn't have much of it.... just an opinion.. take it for what you will
    04-16-10 09:55 PM
  10. new_to_BB's Avatar
    anyway guys, 3 dollars is chump change for you go buy hangman with it.
    it's this week's special in app world.
    04-16-10 10:02 PM
  11. vanesserstation's Avatar
    Hmmm. New_to_bb - have you checked out crackberry app store? I prefer it over bb app store.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 10:08 PM
  12. new_to_BB's Avatar
    ya i've checked there, for sure i did.
    there IS no free chess for 9700 I myself like chess and once downloaded couple free chess games and they all try to access to some ads which totally crashes my game, it was mobilerated.com or something, 90% of their games crash and the 90% from the rest 10% are pretty crap.
    04-16-10 10:13 PM
  13. rdyoung's Avatar
    ya i've checked there, for sure i did.
    there IS no free chess for 9700 I myself like chess and once downloaded couple free chess games and they all try to access to some ads which totally crashes my game, it was mobilerated.com or something, 90% of their games crash and the 90% from the rest 10% are pretty crap.
    The short and sweet of it is an old adage. You get what you pay for.
    Unless your willing to hunt down a pirated version, If you want it bad enough, pay for it. I am not sure about appworld, But I know the crackberry store and magmic games make it pretty smooth to change devices and bring your purchases with you. I have gotten a few decent paid games for free from magmic, how? They send out free credit every so often, just claim this credit and use it on a purchase. You can either get it for free, or very cheap.
    04-16-10 10:31 PM
  14. FreshThePoet's Avatar
    the reason the apple store has so many free apps and such cheap apps is because they have suchhhhhhh a broad array of apps so its hard for other developers to compete, so what do they do ? they lower their prices. bb appworld doesn't have billions of apps.. and developers feel that if their app is original enough and no one else has one like it or theirs is the best.. they'll make you pay for it! heck i would! what other insentive do devolpers have unless their app has add's all over it.

    if i made an app for example like tether and it was faster than tether and i only charged $20 for it, which tethering app would people start buying ? tether would need to drop their price just to compete... you have alot of these kinds of instances in the apple app store.. it's all about competition.. and bb app world really doesn't have much of it.... just an opinion.. take it for what you will
    True, True.
    04-16-10 11:05 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD