general trend as in, what i posted at #43(what level and price and rating the apps are at, just to not quote myself again)

I am not complaining, at nowhere in my original post did i even tried to complain. I stated what i wanted to say clearly, the apps simply need changes.

don't ask what apps i can't live without, I can well live without a phone or internet and have proved that, so this isn't anywhere close to a complain from what you've seen.

"I use a BB because even with its shortcomings" and I have not made a coment about the phone, I use a BB even with its shortcomigs too.
    Last edited by new_to_BB; 04-16-10 at 07:51 PM.
    04-16-10 07:46 PM
    I havent used iphone too much...but my wife has a droid the apps on there are unbelievable. There is a free turn-by-turn navigation app by google and then you have to consider how long the droid OS has been out. And what is the best navigation app for blackberry.....its GoogleMaps!
    04-16-10 07:46 PM
    general trend as in, what i posted at #43(what level and price and rating the apps are at)
    And again I tell you that rims appworld is only one of many many other places you can get apps for bb, its like saying that the grocery store closest to you has too limited of a selection.
    04-16-10 07:49 PM
    I havent used iphone too much...but my wife has a droid the apps on there are unbelievable. There is a free turn-by-turn navigation app by google and then you have to consider how long the droid OS has been out. And what is the best navigation app for blackberry.....its GoogleMaps!
    Yep. Android is the next great OS, Not that it isnt already. I stick with the bb because it does what I need and is unhackable. You have never read a story about someones bb being hacked. Plus the fact that for every NON bb phone on a network you can fit 3 bbs, they use up a lot less bandwidth for the same functions as other phones, thats why ATTs network here is so freaking congested.
    04-16-10 07:53 PM
    What i said applies to all the app stores you've listed.
    04-16-10 07:54 PM
    Interesting about the bandwith.

I thought the apps offered here on crackberry were the same apps offered on appworld. Is this wrong?
    04-16-10 07:56 PM
    What i said applies to all the app stores you've listed.
    Really??? You have analyzed all the places to buy/download bb apps?
    I guess I am using the wrong platform. If BB apps options suck so bad, then what phone do you suggest I migrate to? I should probably get your opinion on carriers as well.

Not to mention that if you actually read the reviews on a lot of the apps, its just people complaining about something not working. A parallel to this is amazon.com you can go on their and rate a book even if you havent bought it from amazon, So you have a lot of low ratings for books thanks to trolls.
    Last edited by rdyoung; 04-16-10 at 08:00 PM.
    04-16-10 07:57 PM
    BB does take up less bandwidth, I've seen it on my service providers site, BB sends more in smaller data packets. and majority of the apps are the same, not that i haven't done my research.
    04-16-10 07:58 PM
    Interesting about the bandwith.

I thought the apps offered here on crackberry were the same apps offered on appworld. Is this wrong?
    There are probably alot of crossovers.
    04-16-10 07:58 PM
    you listed 3, so what i said applies to those 3.
    04-16-10 07:59 PM
    you listed 3, so what i said applies to those 3.
    see my edited post above regarding the reviews. You can't honestly provide an opinion on an app until you have actually used it. The reviews are meant to be a guiding post for those looking. I have downloaded many apps with 0 reviews, does this mean they weren't worth downloading?
    04-16-10 08:02 PM
    see my edited post above regarding the reviews. You can't honestly provide an opinion on an app until you have actually used it. The reviews are meant to be a guiding post for those looking. I have downloaded many apps with 0 reviews, does this mean they weren't worth downloading?

If you wait a while and there are still 0 reviews I am assuming it is a crappy app.
    04-16-10 08:05 PM
    I actually read through the list of features and more than half of the times I read through the whole page on app world. Then I look at price, then reviews, then screenshots
    04-16-10 08:05 PM
    I actually read through the list of features and more than half of the times I read through the whole page on app world. Then I look at price, then reviews, then screenshots
    Again, you can't provide an honest opinion about something until you have used it. Now if you were writing an editorial on the state of BB app environment, that would be a valid way to investigate.

Looking at the appstore now, the top rated apps only have 1 or reviews, so how can you use this as a method of determination for an opinion.
    Last edited by rdyoung; 04-16-10 at 08:12 PM.
    04-16-10 08:09 PM
    You have to do that considering the amount of cash you have to drop on BB apps. There aren't too many good free apps.
    04-16-10 08:11 PM
    You have to do that considering the amount of cash you have to drop on BB apps. There aren't too many good free apps.
    I am all for opensource, but the time it takes to program apps for phones, the programmers need to be reimbursed and they deserve to make a profit. If the apps arent selling at a certain price, they will drop it just like the rest of the business world.

Its like taco bell when they opened. They tried pricing the tacos dirt cheap but they werent selling because people equated cheap with poor quality, when they raised the price they sold more because people equate quality with price.
    Just look at the sheer # of free and 99c apps on itunes, how many of those 99c apps would you actually use for more than a few minutes?
    04-16-10 08:15 PM
    I think this takes care of this argument.
    BlackBerry App World - Browse All Categories
    This list of apps, most of which are awesome apps have a very high rating and lots of reviews. How does qualify as bb apps sucking?
    04-16-10 08:19 PM
    So how do droid programmers make a profit? Are they operating at a loss??

I guess maybe I am just not understanding the difference here.
    04-16-10 08:21 PM
    So how do droid programmers make a profit? Are they operating at a loss??

I guess maybe I am just not understanding the difference here.
    There are paid apps on the android market place.
    04-16-10 08:25 PM
    As an example, I searched for a good chess game on blackberry and there were only 2 to pick from...the cheapest being $3.99.

I searched for chess on the droid marketplace and found over 20 chess apps...some of them free and some not. All I want is a chess game which I can play against the AI.

So can you explain this difference to me?
    04-16-10 08:32 PM
    It's not really the apps that suck...They got some free apps that get the job done, but I only wonder, do those apps get rated 2-3 because their free which means less work was put into them compared to a paid app with 4-5 stars?

Now the free GAMES suck, I mean theres like what, 3? And they all suck except Connect 4 and even THAT'S just hitting "alright".
    04-16-10 08:34 PM
    As an example, I searched for a good chess game on blackberry and there were only 2 to pick from...the cheapest being $3.99.

I searched for chess on the droid marketplace and found over 20 chess apps...some of them free and some not. All I want is a chess game which I can play against the AI.

So can you explain this difference to me?
    Android being linux based is easier to program for, therefore more apps are being developed at a faster pace. And in the linux community, freely given is a mantra and a way of life.
    I don't have an android phone, so I can't see the entire marketplace in all its glory.
    A little smooth talk with google and I found this in less than a second.
    Chess - Download Free Mobile Phone Games from MobileRated
    I am going to download it now and see if its worth it. Its free...
    04-16-10 08:37 PM
    It's not really the apps that suck...They got some free apps that get the job done, but I only wonder, do those apps get rated 2-3 because their free which means less work was put into them compared to a paid app with 4-5 stars?

Now the free GAMES suck, I mean theres like what, 3? And they all suck except Connect 4 and even THAT'S just hitting "alright".
    You about hit the nail on the head. It takes time and effort to develop apps for the BB. Pandora for example is free, because they make money on advertising and paid subscriptions, they had the cash to develop an exceptional app, and that investment will be made back when people use it.
    04-16-10 08:39 PM
    Is that version legit? And can you download any mobile game as long as its Java?
    04-16-10 08:42 PM
    Is that version legit? And can you download any mobile game as long as its Java?
    That game turned out to be BS, Wont run on my phone.
    If you REALLY want to play chess on your phone, why arent you willing to pay for it? When you buy it, you will be able to take it to another BB. Any .jad file will install, however it may or may not be operable depending what its programmed for. You could always grab a pack of bb apps and games off of isohunt.
    Last edited by rdyoung; 04-16-10 at 08:47 PM.
    04-16-10 08:45 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD