Yes, it is all subjective. Blackberry has always been oriented more towards business users. As they make more inroads with the average population, hopefully they will start making things with more bells and whistles.

I however prefer that blackberries are stripped out of the box. I am the type that when I buy a new pc, before I even boot it up I wipe the HD and install a fresh RTM copy of windows so I can tailor it to my needs rather than spend time cleaning up the garbage that the oem stuffed on their for their own profit and end users pita.

People need to start taking stock in what they need/want/desire before they go from dumbphone to smartphone. I have considered moving to android, but I prefer the security of a BB.
    Everyone should cut the OP a bit a slack, because I believe the bold part is exactly what the OP meant. Stripped is good for some people, especially the business user, and as a consumer you can add and remove certain apps (i.e. through Desktop Manager) but not having to pay for features like multiple alarms, weather, etc. would be nice especially seeing as other platforms offer that. And even as a business or user with basic features, I imagine most people would enjoy some additional features. Hence, the original post.
    04-16-10 05:29 PM
    One last thing. I have gameboy games on my 9700, tell me how to do that with iphone? Im sure you can do it with android and there might be an emulator out there for iphone, but its simple to do on BB
    04-16-10 05:30 PM
    Everyone should cut the OP a bit a slack, because I believe the bold part is exactly what the OP meant. Stripped is good for some people, especially the business user, and as a consumer you can add and remove certain apps (i.e. through Desktop Manager) but not having to pay for features like multiple alarms, weather, etc. would be nice especially seeing as other platforms offer that. And even as a business or user with basic features, I imagine most people would enjoy some additional features. Hence, the original post.
    And the point that needs made, but the OP won't accept is, There are plenty of free apps out there, alot of them on appworld. WeatherChannels app for one, Its free and works a treat. There are also plenty of free themes, all you have to do is use your fingers and search appworld or google. And, there is a site or app out there somewhere that lets you create your own theme.
    04-16-10 05:32 PM
    I actually expected you to say yes, as I predicted you are unfit for anything other than comp sci. and you jump off to a total new topic without ever addressing what I previously wrote.

it's mountain goats like you that needs to go out and see the world.

I will for now and forever cease my attention to you, but anyone else with a real comment i will gladly reply.

And again, please give me the dam hang man game for free, I won't pay 3+ dollars for it.
    and let me make it even more clear, APPs that should be standard and free instead we have to pay tons for it, they are tons because they add up, and most of them we will probably not going to need for a long time, so, therefore even if they are good, and we have to pay so much for, they cannot possibly be considered good.

ALAS weather channel, I am SOOOOOOOO GLAD that is free because really i don't really see many useful frees like that, and more than half of the paid apps are less than useful. nevertheless, Weather channel should be a standard.
    Last edited by new_to_BB; 04-16-10 at 05:42 PM.
    04-16-10 05:32 PM
    gameboy games on 9700 are without sound, further more on color games like dragonwarrior I and II it operates at no more than 3-4 fps, you like that?

Go read the gameboy post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/meb...43/index2.html

are you trying to compare the game feature of 9700 with iphone? i hate iphone but let me tell you, BB loses to iphone on every single ground when speaking about games, default iphone games will pwn meboy for the next 2 years no problems. and I heard they got NES emulator, which i love way more than GB.
    Last edited by new_to_BB; 04-16-10 at 05:39 PM.
    04-16-10 05:36 PM
    I actually expected you to say yes, as I predicted you are unfit for anything other than comp sci. and you jump off to a total new topic without ever addressing what I previously wrote.

it's mountain goats like you that needs to go out and see the world.

I will for now and forever cease my attention to you, but anyone else with a real comment i will gladly reply.
    And it's thanks to people like me, that you have the computer your using to go on this little rant. Its also people like me that you will call or visit when you download some stupid icon or cursor pack from the web and kill your pc with viruses and rootkits, Its people like me that will gladly take your money and have your pc running like the day it was built until you call us again because you had to open that exe that someone sent you.
    04-16-10 05:36 PM
    Can't we all just get along.
    04-16-10 05:38 PM
    And again, please give me the dam hang man game for free, I won't pay 3+ dollars for it.
    and let me make it even more clear, APPs that should be standard and free instead we have to pay tons for it, they are tons because they add up, and most of them we will probably not going to need for a long time, so, therefore even if they are good, and we have to pay so much for, they cannot possibly be considered good.
    So you think that the programmer that took the painstaking time to write or port the hangman game to the bb platform shouldn't be compensated for their time? Go buy an iphone and see what you get for it out of the box. The apps are priced lower than appworld but there is also an abundance of duplicate apps, IE the lightsaber and fart apps.
    04-16-10 05:40 PM
    Can't we all just get along.
    Not sure about the OP, but for me its all in jest. Its a way to waste time.
    04-16-10 05:41 PM
    If you read through the beginning, you'd know which wild e-boar wanted to e-argue and e-debate.
    I am sure you had wetdreams about e-debate since childhood every night after taken apart your house electronics, because you proved you try so hard to seek at every possible chance to do that.

and rest assured, every single computer which i assembled run just fine, even if they are not, it won't be people like you who i will deal with, you represent noone but yourself.
    as i said, use more "I" than "us"
    Last edited by new_to_BB; 04-16-10 at 05:48 PM.
    04-16-10 05:45 PM
    So far this thread has offered:

Terrible grammar
    An offer of a fight "IRL"
    No value
    The complete opposite to the title.

Continue please
    04-16-10 05:45 PM
    If you read through the beginning, you'd know which wild e-boar wanted to e-argue and e-debate.
    I am sure you had wetdreams about e-debate since childhood every night after taken apart your house electronics, because you proved you try so hard to seek at every possible chance to do that.
    Again in jest. Please show me where I have always seeked it out? I have had a registered account with crackberry since august of 2009, yet I only have 34 posts, including this one, thats 0.13 posts per day.
    04-16-10 05:49 PM

ALAS weather channel, I am SOOOOOOOO GLAD that is free because really i don't really see many useful frees like that, and more than half of the paid apps are less than useful. nevertheless, Weather channel should be a standard.
    End of discussion
    04-16-10 05:50 PM
    End of discussion
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Now your quoting yourself. Classic narcissistic behavior.
    04-16-10 05:52 PM
    I can't believe this thread isn't closed yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 05:53 PM
    Because you skipped them when you were angry :d. man, you are so biased,
    What I quote is the point of that post, and yet you quote everything from that post BUT those lines.

I had to bring it out to you again to make you understand, you got logic problems if you think that is narcissistic, have some sense kid.
    04-16-10 05:55 PM
    Because you skipped them when you were angry :d. man, you are so biased,
    What I quote is the point of that post, and yet you quote everything from that post BUT those lines.

I had to bring it out to you again to make you understand, you got logic problems if you think that is narcissistic, have some sense kid.
    Please remind me what the point of this thread was? You could of opened with a title like, "What apps do you think should come stock?" Or "Will RIM include more apps/features in the os?"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=374040
    Last edited by rdyoung; 04-16-10 at 06:00 PM.
    04-16-10 05:58 PM
    nope, more than half paid apps don't really enhance your productivity and turn out to be crap. Go through the review in app world.
    Most of paid apps are overpriced.
    Only very few are on the right price.
    even fewer.. or just a couple out of all frees, that are useful and free.

so in essence, BB apps do suck.
    again I don't like iphone, but at least their apps are free and add on to the fun.

BB may win as a phone, but no in the apps aspect.

that is exactly what i meant.
    04-16-10 06:02 PM
    nope, more than half paid apps don't really enhance your productivity and turn out to be crap. Go through the review in app world.
    Most of paid apps are overpriced.
    Only very few are on the right price.
    even fewer.. or just a couple out of all frees, that are useful and free.

so in essence, BB apps do suck.
    again I don't like iphone, but at least their apps are free and add on to the fun.

BB may win as a phone, but no in the apps aspect.

that is exactly what i meant.
    And the point I tried to make was, Appworld is NOT your only source of apps. I listed 3 different sources in a previous post, you can also google for blackberry apps and you will find a lot. Yes, BB has its shortcomings, Just like everything else in life. Nothing is perfect, everything can be improved in way or another. For me and everyone else that owns/uses a BB, we have weighed the options out there and have decided that BB gets the job done.

As for the pricing of apps. Price is subjective, things are worth what someone is willing to pay for them, if an app is priced too high for you, then its too high priced for YOU. But obviously if others are willing to pay for it, then its worth it to them. I haven't purchased any apps from appworld because the free apps have done it for me, and I have other sources for apps.

If you have an idea for a "killer" app, Please write it, or contact someone who can, you can then give it away for free and we will all thank you for the time/money you donated.
    Last edited by rdyoung; 04-16-10 at 06:14 PM.
    04-16-10 06:06 PM
    general trend is not much diff in any of the sources.

another thing is that I see BB people trying to argue off with people use other smart phones by bringing out BB apps, and I just wanted to say, BB apps isn't anything to be proud of.
    yet.
    04-16-10 06:15 PM
    general trend is not much diff in any of the sources.

another thing is that I see BB people trying to argue off with people use other smart phones by bringing out BB apps, and I just wanted to say, BB apps isn't anything to be proud of.
    yet.
    What does the general trend have to do with the price of tea in china? I use a BB because even with its shortcomings, Its a better platform (IMO) than the competition. And to this day I haven't tried to do something with my berry and thought damn I cant do that. It does everything I need it to, It replaced my ipod when I am away from home or out on a run, and if my laptop were to die tomorrow, I could get by with my BB till I could fix/replace my comp.

And what good does any of this do? You are in a forum that is called crackberry, IE the berry is like crack to us, its that addicting. Its like walking into starbucks and complaining about the menu, it will get you nowhere.
    Last edited by rdyoung; 04-16-10 at 06:21 PM.
    04-16-10 06:17 PM
    ROTF. Haven't had such a good laugh from reading posts on this forum for such a long time.
    04-16-10 06:47 PM
    ROTF. Haven't had such a good laugh from reading posts on this forum for such a long time.
    Part of me wishes I had just left well enough alone, But a part of me is also glad I didn't.
    04-16-10 06:52 PM
    As someone who is not a techie I can see where the OP is coming from. As long as BB has been around making phones...why aren't developers making more apps like they do for iphone and droid? and why are the ones that are made for BB more expensive??

I love my storm2 but as someone representing more of the "consumer" market, I just wish the apps selection and pricing would be better.
    04-16-10 07:22 PM
    As someone who is not a techie I can see where the OP is coming from. As long as BB has been around making phones...why aren't developers making more apps like they do for iphone and droid? and why are the ones that are made for BB more expensive??

I love my storm2 but as someone representing more of the "consumer" market, I just wish the apps selection and pricing would be better.
    free market principles are at work here. There are reasons why less programmers are developing for blackberry, but as bb's gain market share that should change. As for the pricing of apps, I have to disagree on that. The prices are pretty reasonable, there are some that could be dropped in price, but overall its not that bad.

As for the iphone, if you really look at the apps that are available, there may be more available, but most are either clones of others or just very shoddily written. Apples dictatorial control over the appstore has the better developers leaving for greener pastures.
    04-16-10 07:30 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD