First, I'd like to apologize if this is a repeat topic and is already address-ed elsewhere. I got my Curve 8900 about 2 weeks ago and I can't figure out why BB App World refuses my device. Trying to download it OTA at blackberry,com/appworld/download gives me a page with the following:

Notice
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.

I get the same error when trying to download it to my PC while my BB is connected to it. My OS is v4.6.1.231 (Platform 4.2.0.108), although this shouldn't be the underlying issue as my OS is >= the minimum of OS 4.2 . So now what?
    09-02-09 12:29 PM
    No Blackberry Data Plan, No App World!!!

If you are trying to download App World from your PC - NO Good!!!

If you have a Blackberry Data Plan, use your Blackberry Browser and browse to the OTA link and download it directly onto your device.

*** Additionally, if the above does not work and you have a BB Data Plan, then do a battery pull... leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and watch it boot up.
    Last edited by fatboy97; 09-02-09 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Additional info:
    09-02-09 12:59 PM
    if you still have problems after doing as Fatboy97 suggested try opening the browser > menu > options > browser configuration > browser identification = blackberry. save, close browser, reopen browser and try again.
    09-02-09 02:51 PM
    Oh I see.

Well, not being tied up to a data plan for THIRTY dollars a month (hey, I'm a broke college student) is more important to me that whatever App World has to offer. At least now I know there is nothing wrong with my device itself. Thanks for your responses.
    09-02-09 05:50 PM
    There are a number of apps that are only available through App World... but there are a lot available right here on CB... you can also check and find a number of apps on the 3rd party app forum here on CB.
    09-02-09 05:53 PM
    I think you can also just go to the appworld computer website, and it'll send a link for stuff, right?
    09-03-09 01:14 AM
    I think you can also just go to the appworld computer website, and it'll send a link for stuff, right?
    Good News/Bad News: Good News - yes, the web version of App World will send you an email with a link.... Bad News - the link opens a browser with a link to open App World to download the app you want... so, you still need App World installed on your device to download an App, and without a Blackberry Data Plan you can not download App World.
    09-03-09 06:04 AM
    Is there anyway to get around this? I have a dataplan in South Africa but Appworld is not available here yet.

Other options for apps?
    10-15-09 01:47 AM
    I am also having this problem. I have a BB unlimited plan as well. Does country have anything to do with the problem?
    10-24-09 01:20 AM
    Is there anyway to get around this? I have a dataplan in South Africa but Appworld is not available here yet.

Other options for apps?
    Here's a half way work around. http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ho...5/#post3788255

You should read the whole thread I sent you since if you do this, you will only be able to download free apps and not the paid ones.
    10-24-09 04:38 AM
    I am also having this problem. I have a BB unlimited plan as well. Does country have anything to do with the problem?
    Country certainly does. App World is currently only supported in a few countries. Why? I have no idea. Hoever, please read my previous post. It may help somewhat.
    10-24-09 04:39 AM
    FYI:

AppWorld does not work in Saudi Arabia.

10-24-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD