First post here...
    Did a search & came up w/ nothing. Excuse the abbreviations, etc. I'm typing this on my Storm. Not exactly fun using these tiny keyboards...

Anyway, what are your impressions of the subject app depots? I have both loaded on my Storm. I find BB World runs faster for me and has a smoother interface. The CB Store seems a little coarse and slow to me, definitely has merits. Would you guys share your opinions w/ me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 01:06 PM
    The CB app store runs plenty fast on the Bold.

The main issue I have is that a lot of the navigation elements are pretty small on the CB store....

The other main issue would be how often/fast mobihand is updated vs appworld. That I haven't really bothered to check.
    Last edited by papped; 08-04-09 at 02:22 PM.
    08-04-09 01:11 PM
    I use the CB store. I used both before I went up to 5.0. The App World does not play nice with it.
    08-04-09 01:21 PM
    Yeah the appworld doesn't detect your phone properly on OS5 and displays far less apps (not really a surprise since it's beta though).
    08-04-09 01:29 PM
    i use both, i find that what one is lacking the other has, both have similar layouts, but i prefer bb app world, kinda gives a warm fuzzy feeling, if it came from bb app world the app must be ok for my phone.
    08-04-09 01:38 PM
    Coolguy, I think you pretty much summed up my feelings of both. I feel safer pulling apps from BB World. Though, CB Store apps may be just as safe/reliable. I agree w/ papped, too. The buttons are on the small side in the CB Store and don't seem to be as intuitive. I hate the Preview feature in CB.

08-04-09 01:47 PM
    Yeah the appworld doesn't detect your phone properly on OS5 and displays far less apps (not really a surprise since it's beta though).
    Indeed, no surprise at all.
    08-04-09 01:48 PM
    Yes I agree, what one lacks the other makes up for. I personally like that the CB App can be used on your desktop as well so it is a breeze to search apps etc.
    08-04-09 01:55 PM
    Hmm... Didn't realize you could use it on on the DT, too. The login thing is annoying, though. I don't even remember creating a login! :?

08-04-09 03:27 PM
    I use both also but the CB app store and the ability to use it on the DT has a slight edge for me... they are both pretty good though
    08-04-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD