I am using the storm 9530 and recently upgraded to the new version of app world but its not working. Its loaded on the phone but when i try to create a BB id, i keep getting a error message reading "BB app world is having a problem connecting to the server". I have full bars and connectivity on the phone.. HELPPPPP!!!!!
    10-08-10 10:29 AM
    I am not a techy person but it seems to me that if you can load an app on any other phone you should be able to load one on the BB. I have the 9530 and have NEVER been successful in loading an app. I took it into the store and they only ones they could get to load were the ones you have to pay for. Your not alone.
    10-08-10 09:10 PM
    I have never had any problem with any other app. this is a first for me
    10-09-10 08:13 AM
    There are hundreds of threads concerning this same issue over on the blackberry website community support forums.

The pat answer by the guru's over there seems to revolve around improper creation of the BBID. Thing is, all the ID's I created worked fine from several PC's but never from my phone, so that's obviously not a valid solution.

The only solution I've found that works flawlessly is to delete the new version of appworld and re-install v1.0.0.35. This older version doesn't require any login, and I've yet to have a failure using it. Mind you though, I've only used it for free apps, and no one as yet has replied to my thread over there concerning whether it works for paid apps.

You can find a link, with instructions, here.

I consider this only a temporary solution until the bug in v2.0 is fixed.

Hope this helps.
    10-09-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD