Just downloaded the 1.1.0.15 bb app world. This version rocz better then the one they released last month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 12:15 PM
    I downloaded it but still haven't used it. I guess there's no better time than now. Brb!

08-08-09 05:36 PM
    Check it out it rocz better...

08-08-09 09:02 PM
    why is it better? what are the differences?
    08-08-09 09:28 PM
    I don't think there are any differences --- RIM just fixed some issues is all...nothing that I can see that is different.
    08-08-09 09:42 PM
    Don't know if anyone has seen it or can confirm but I'm noticing that appworld remains running now when I look at the switch apps option, similar to how browser and messages are in there even after you "close" them. Not a happy camper here...Can anyone confirm this?

As per what's better - looks identical to me so far.

08-08-09 09:43 PM
    I don't think there are any differences --- RIM just fixed some issues is all...nothing that I can see that is different.
    The differences are that it now works correctly for users that had the issues. Like me.
    08-09-09 01:06 AM
    Don't know if anyone has seen it or can confirm but I'm noticing that appworld remains running now when I look at the switch apps option, similar to how browser and messages are in there even after you "close" them. Not a happy camper here...Can anyone confirm this?

As per what's better - looks identical to me so far.

Mine seems to be closing completely. Did you reboot when you were prompted to at the end of the installation or pull the battery since you upgraded?
    08-09-09 01:08 AM
    Mine closes completely as well.
    08-09-09 01:10 AM
    I 2 appworld notifications stuck on my screen! I know its for updates or whatever, but its not showing which app to update!

08-09-09 01:20 AM
    I 2 appworld notifications stuck on my screen! I know its for updates or whatever, but its not showing which app to update!

I was able to find out which application had the available update by going to My World in the bottom right hand corner. Once in there, it showed me an icon and an update available message.

The problem now is the icon still won't clear & I accidentally deleted the application. It's not archived anymore. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling App World. The icon...still there. I don't know what 2 do now.

08-09-09 07:39 AM
    I tried updating an App through App world. It got stuck on "downloading application" for 8 hours. I deleted App world. Still too many problems with it.
    08-09-09 07:46 AM

updated app world yesterday afternoon and had the same problem. I went back to work and forgot about it. this morning the notification icon was gone
    08-09-09 08:09 AM
    Alright I checked out the update and have found it to run alittle bit smoother but since I really didn't get too deep into its prior version's capabilities I really can't say much else. I am rather annoyed with apps icons remaining after deletion stating that it has been archived. I didn't ask for it to be archived. I wanted it deleted for a reason. The prior version did this too, so I guess no one really complained about that before the update was established. I'm reluctant to using it too much because of this annoying flaw! Looks great in the ui! Lots of apps available!

08-09-09 08:36 AM
    Mine seems to be closing completely. Did you reboot when you were prompted to at the end of the installation or pull the battery since you upgraded?
    Rebooted when prompted to...think I found the solution though - it needed a second reboot on mine. After that it seemed to work fine, and believe it or not it actually seems faster now

08-09-09 08:55 AM
    I was able to find out which application had the available update by going to My World in the bottom right hand corner. Once in there, it showed me an icon and an update available message.

The problem now is the icon still won't clear & I accidentally deleted the application. It's not archived anymore. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling App World. The icon...still there. I don't know what 2 do now.

Look in your messages - not sms or email, the "messages" folder. They should be there, and it should say what can be updated.

08-09-09 08:58 AM
    I can close mine out completely, also this version seems to run very smooth.
    08-09-09 08:14 PM
    I just fouind out that the annoying archived app icon can be deleted within app world itself instead of the downloads folder. Would have to do it in app worlds my world section!

08-09-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD