It's intermittent...I redownloaded it yesterday and had categories, then a little bit later I didn't. I redownloaded it today and I don't have categories, and most apps I cannot download. It's weird... thanks for your help though!
    08-02-09 11:19 AM
    Not sure how, but when I tried to open it today it worked fine.
    08-02-09 11:20 AM
    ok I was having the same prob and I was running OS V4.5.0.77 ( i think) did an OS update to V 4.5.0.131 and now have no probs so maybe it is just not compatable with the older OS's ??
    08-02-09 11:23 AM
    What does the new OS look like?
    08-02-09 11:24 AM
    Mine mysteriously started working this morning. Hope everyone else's did too.
    08-02-09 12:20 PM
    Not here, well at least not fully lol
    08-02-09 12:22 PM
    No go here either. I'm running 4.5.0.160 on a 8330 on Verizon and I can get in to App World but I see no Categories and and I can't download anything.
    08-02-09 12:47 PM
    No go here either. I'm running 4.5.0.160 on a 8330 on Verizon and I can get in to App World but I see no Categories and and I can't download anything.
    same here, the only thing i can do is search for apps. I cant download anything. it keeps saying this application is not supported by this device and I was just redownloading things that i had previously deleted. HELP, THIS SUCKS. . . . .ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
    08-02-09 01:39 PM
    mine is working, but all the free apps say not compatible with phone and carrier. the pay apps are working. already dl a couple of the pay apps, but i want some of the free apps
    08-02-09 01:41 PM
    Mine mysteriously started working this morning. Hope everyone else's did too.
    Mine just kicked in for the first time today too, and this was 3 days after I first installed the upgrade. Hopefully it starts working slowly but surely for everyone else - just be patient if you're getting that initial error message.
    08-02-09 01:49 PM
    More apps are now being able to be downloaded. Still nothing in categories, yet...they probably are fixing it. Anyone noticing this?
    Last edited by BerrySky; 08-02-09 at 03:41 PM.
    08-02-09 03:19 PM
    Not trying to step on toes or start anything. But whats the difference between BB app world and Crackberry apps?

I tried using BB app when it first came out and found that it slowed my BB so much that I had to do a batt pull every time I tried to launch it. I finally gave up and just use the Crackberry app site.

I haven't had any issues with crackberries site at all. No issue with downloading or timing out. So I'm just curious as to what the fuss is about through BB app world.
    08-02-09 04:34 PM
    haha I just want to get it to work because I like to have my apps from one place, it's just easier for me...and under Categories in App World there is still nothing! AGHH
    08-02-09 05:40 PM
    haha I just want to get it to work because I like to have my apps from one place, it's just easier for me...and under Categories in App World there is still nothing! AGHH
    Still no categories here either and I still can't see a Download option for most apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 06:46 PM
    I got the fix!!

First, uninstall App World. After you do that, DO NOT reboot the phone when it asks you to complete uninstallation, simply pull the battery out. When the phone comes back on, go to the browser, NOT the App World icon...go to blackberry.com/appworld and download it from there. Then, after it installs, DO NOT press "run", but instead press "ok" and remove the battery one last time. Then when the phone comes on you are all set, categories are back
    08-02-09 08:30 PM
    yeah, definitely weird...mine is mysteriously working perfect today. It is super fast when it loads all the pics of the apps, switching from free to paid, and my world. Pretty impressed with the new version.

when I first downloaded the "English version" it had the Spanish EULA amd would not connect.
    08-02-09 08:45 PM
    Same here...I don't understand RIM, literally...lol
    08-02-09 08:50 PM
    I don't know what happened, but mine works all of a sudden. I did reinstall three different times, but it does work, so I am happy.
    08-02-09 08:52 PM
    Hallelujah, it works!
    08-02-09 08:55 PM
    Only thing I noticed is where you choose the category to search/sort by there isn't any highlighter line over the one you select...anyone notice this?
    08-02-09 10:07 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD