I am a new user/owner of a BB Curve 8330. In the options screen it says v. 4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51). I am not sure what those number exactly correlate with (OS, device software, etc.)--pathetically.

This morning I attempted to update BB App World to the new version 1.1. I think I may have screwed up. When I installed it, it asked me if I wanted to delete version 1.0 and I said 'yes'. After installing v. 1.1 and rebooting, I tried to use the new version and I continually get the following error message:

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Is my phone not compatible with this version? I can't figure it out. I was going to download version 1.0 and reinstall it, but I can't seem to be able to find that version available for download.

Please help--I have no idea what to do.

Thank you in advance,

TDS

PS: By the way, as far as I know, my network connections are fine. Everything else works as it should.
    08-01-09 04:11 PM
    From what I can see, you are not the only reporting this. What is causing this I do not think anyone knows right now. Welcome to upgrades
    08-01-09 04:22 PM
    Model: Curve 8330
    Carrier: Verizon

I downloaded App World 1.1 today and had the same problem, but I was able to get it working.

I just went to Manage Connection clicked Turn All Connection Off, wait 5 sec, turned it back on.

Then I launched App World and was able to connect.

I hope that works for you.
    08-01-09 05:48 PM
    IrDawg, you're awesome! You suggestion worked perfectly! And it's funny...I looked at the MANAGE CONNECTIONS screen and actually thought about doing that. I can't thank you enough. Crackberry Forums are the best.
    08-01-09 05:57 PM
    IrDawg, you're awesome! You suggestion worked perfectly! And it's funny...I looked at the MANAGE CONNECTIONS screen and actually thought about doing that. I can't thank you enough. Crackberry Forums are the best.
    I'm interested to know whether the program is working properly, now that you got past the connection issue.

I was having the same problem, but was able to reinstall the older version of App World.

Although the connections off/on method seems to help some, people are still reporting problems with the application.

Please advise.
    08-01-09 07:23 PM
    I'm having trouble, too. I've tried a battery pull, turning off my connections and restarting them, and still nothing.
    08-01-09 07:58 PM
    I was able to get the problem fixed.

1) Uninstall The blackberry app world
    2) BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    3) Put in the email address you have that goes to your blackberry
    4) follow the instructions to install and it should work

PM Me if you are having any issues
    08-01-09 08:58 PM
    Lots of people are having issues with this app, not clear what is a universal fix.
    08-01-09 09:01 PM
    Well, crap! I was so excited to be able to connect that I forgot to see if it actually works...and it doesn't! Every app that I pull up says "not available for download on your device"; I get a blank screen; or "paid applications are not available in your country". Is this for real?

By the way stubbornswiss, where can I find the link to download APP WORLD v. 1.0? I look and couldn't find it and I would be really happy to have it back--it works!
    Last edited by franknspud; 08-01-09 at 09:10 PM. Reason: additional thought
    08-01-09 09:04 PM
    I tried all of the suggestions listed and nothing worked
    08-01-09 09:36 PM
    it doesn't work, everything that I have tried as suggested in this thread and others don't work for me, i delete the app from list and the icon still appears on my icon screen as a download link.. I want it gone completely. i would love to go back to orginial but that isn't an option apparently.
    08-01-09 09:44 PM
    I got App World to connect but getting the msg below when clicking onto an app such as Facebook (which I have already installed on my device before App World 1.1, so i know this app is available for my device).

"This application is not available on your device or for your carrier"

The positive: it runs a little faster than 1.0
    The negative: can't download anything!

I'm gonna search around and see if anyone can get pass this problem.
    Last edited by lrdawg; 08-01-09 at 11:54 PM.
    08-01-09 11:27 PM
    It's not working at all on my curve. It installs fine, but when I try to open the app, my phone freezes for about 10 seconds, then nothing happens, and then the phone works as if I never did anything. I have installed both ota and via pc, doing hard resets between each uninstall/reinstall. If I can't get this to work, how can I go back to the previous version of appworld?

*EDIT* Figured it out. I just needed to reboot after install- it didn't ask me to nor did it automatically reboot. But that was the problem. Runs good. No problems with MyWorld or anything. Faster than the last version, with new categories.
    08-01-09 11:31 PM
    Hey guys, is anybody by any chance running into the issue where their categories aren't loading? I have a curve 8330 and my connection is pretty good, so I don't see why they wouldn't be loading. I even deleted the application and reinstalled it with no change.
    08-02-09 08:56 AM
    Oh and I'm also getting the message where in every application it says "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier."
    08-02-09 08:58 AM
    I had the same "cant connect to server" error when I upgraded last night (no option available on my phone so I deleted 1.0 and downloaded 1.1 from the site. This morning it is connecting fine and is a little faster than before but I have noticed a few apps say they're not available from my carrier or phone. Hopefully this gets fixed although I really havent found many things worth downloading anyway so I guess I could do w/out app world if I had to! haha
    08-02-09 09:11 AM
    They must be fixing it then...hmm...good!

Can you go to "Categories" and see if you see a list or is it still blank?
    08-02-09 09:13 AM
    Oh and I'm also getting the message where in every application it says "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier."
    This morning I checked back with App World, some of the apps are now downloadable and not giving me the msg that "This application is not available...". I assume this is a server side issue.

Apps such as Viigo that was showing the msg yesterday is now giving me a download option. Facebook is still showing the msg though, I imagine it will correct itself in the next few days.
    08-02-09 10:50 AM
    Do you see anything in Categories or is that still blank? For me it is...
    08-02-09 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the fix toebee! I was having all sorts of problems when I originally download app world (phone freezing after download, spanish eula, no connection) so I just deleted it off my phone. But after reading this thread i decided to give it another shot and rebooted after install, and now everything works! Categories work and every app that I've looked at had a download option!
    08-02-09 10:58 AM
    How do you reboot after downloading?
    08-02-09 11:00 AM
    Well I have QuickPull v2 on my blackberry so I used that but you could just use a regular battery pull
    08-02-09 11:05 AM
    Doing it now, we'll see if it works!
    08-02-09 11:07 AM
    Still no categories, damnit!
    08-02-09 11:11 AM
    Really? I really thought it would've been a universal fix I don't imagine using quickpull lite instead of a regular battery pull would make a difference. But maybe waiting it out will make it work, others have had success from waiting a day or two!
    08-02-09 11:16 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD