If I delete the BB app world will I still be able to download updates?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 03:44 PM
    Yea, but you won't be notified of them.

Some apps have a "Check for Update" option in the menu, you can also give them your email address for any updates, or following the developer on twitter is a good way too. Not all apps do this though...
    02-15-11 03:52 PM
    why would you want to delete app world?
    02-15-11 04:03 PM
    If I delete the BB app world will I still be able to download updates?
    Updates for what? Updates for apps you previously downloaded from App World.

For most, no.
    There are some apps that have their own Check for Updates function, as mentioned above.
    And then the app might have its own site , as do many of the RIM apps like BBM and Twitter.

I haven't tried, but I think you could continue to use the App World webstore from your PC. I believe you can now load apps to your PC that way and install via Desktop Manager.
    02-15-11 05:47 PM
    why would you want to delete app world?
    Yeah I don't get that either, especially with a 512MB device.

App World is simply the best place for free apps. It has the most, plus is the only service that alerts you to updates for your free apps.
    02-15-11 05:49 PM
    Yeah I don't get that either, especially with a 512MB device.

App World is simply the best place for free apps. It has the most, plus is the only service that alerts you to updates for your free apps.
    its especially easier now that it keeps track of previously installed apps and shows their installation status. if you ever reload the OS or lose your apps, you can just log into app world and see what you had and reinstall. absolutely the best new feature of app world and the blackberry ID.
    02-15-11 11:32 PM
    Yep, exactly where I was at late last year. Bold was not connecting to backup, horrible BB-less 5 � days, then needed to load everything on shiny new Torch.
    I have roughyl two dozen apps installed from App World, so the extra ease of My World saved a lot of time searching for apps.
    02-16-11 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD