Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Torch 9800 running vs 6.0.0.448. I installed the latest App World Update today (3.1.4.25). I was excited to hear about the "update all" feature b/c I have 6 other apps that need updating, so I figured I'd update App World first. The icon completely disappeared. This has happened before; I just reinstalled from my phone browser and it was fine. This time, no such luck after reinstalling. Not only was the icon gone, so were the messages in my inbox telling me that the 6 apps had updates, and THEIR icons have gone missing as well. Also, all my icons rearranged, BBM, text messaging etc were missing (It was such a mess, I'm not sure what all wasn't showing. The apps I can remember of the six were Advance OS & LED, TimmyMe, Tapatalk, Windows Live Messenger....). So far this is what I've tried:

1) Pulled the battery a couple times.
    2) Went to Menu, options, reset to default settings (I have lost all media apps under the media tab before and that solved that issue so thought I'd try)
    3) Downloaded and installed from mobile browser, then a couple battery pulls.
    4) Went through every single folder and made sure Show All was enabled.
    5) Connected to Desktop Manager, uninstalled (there were two, I uninstalled both), then reinstalled from my browser. Said "downloaded successfully" and is listed in Options, Device, Application Mngt. Plus a few more searches through menus, rechecking Show All and another battery pull.
    6) Switched theme from Aura Black 2.0 to another theme as well as the original BB theme to make sure it wasn't theme related. BBM and texting became visible at some point, as well as some/all of the 6 icons, but AW and the update messages are nowhere to be found.
    7) I've also gone searching through Crackberry/web and tried the solutions I found.
    8) Tried to get into App World online, but got an App World Web Plugin Error msg asking if I have content protection enabled (as far as I know, I don't), so I can't get in that way.

Short of reloading the OS, is there something else I should try? Puzzling and frustrating to say the least! Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by bassicmama; 07-13-12 at 05:59 AM.
    07-13-12 05:56 AM
    Wow...great job in detailing all the things you've tried!

It seems like you are not the only one who's having problems updating AW. Check out the last two posts of this thread for a possible solution.

As for the app upgrade notifications that have disappeared, I would assume they have something to do with this problem, since those notifications are pushed by AW to your device. They aren't really "messages" in a true sense, like an email or SMS.
    bassicmama likes this.
    07-13-12 12:07 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I had seen that thread in my travels App World is showing up in Application Center, but not in universal search. Blackberry ID is not showing up anywhere in options or universal search, I didn't realize that until just now! I believe there was a recent update for BB ID (within the last week or two?) that I updated to without a problem. I can't get into App World from anywhere but my Playbook, so I'm not sure how to reload the updated version from within App World onto my phone like they did in the other thread.

For the error I'm getting trying to access App World from my desktop, is there something I can do to fix that so I can try to reinstall the update from there?
    07-13-12 03:54 PM
    Hmmm...if it's showing up in Application Management (AM), the phone somehow thinks it is installed. The problem for you could be BBID. It's really weird it is not showing up for you. Try manually locating it (BBID) in Options>Third Party Applications. If you see it, launch the menu and see if it asks you to update. If you don't see it, well, I don't know how else you update it, other than going through AW.

If the issue still stays unresolved, delete AW though AM. After deleting, (and this is going back to the thread I posted and you've already seen,) don't pursue this issue for 8-10 hours/overnight, except for a reboot or two in between, if possible. After the time window elapses, go to blackberry.com/appworld from your browser and re-download.
    bassicmama likes this.
    07-13-12 10:39 PM
    Yeah, I tried to find BBID thru options -> third party applications, but the only menu item there was Personalization & Privacy for BBM. AW is listed in AM, but BBID is not. I will delete AW and reboot and leave overnight and try again in the morning. Oh, and I'll see if I can update BBID on my Playbook.

*edited to add* There is no option to update BBID on the PB.
    Last edited by bassicmama; 07-18-12 at 04:02 AM.
    07-18-12 02:13 AM
    Did the overnight experiment work? I hope so lol

Do you have other apps that use BBID, such as BB Protect, Travel, etc? If so, how are those working?
    07-19-12 07:35 PM
    Nope, it did not work. I tried accessing AppWorld on my desktop from IE, since FF is the browser giving me plugin issues. It told me I needed to update the current AW on my phone, and proceeded to hang "waiting" indefinitely. Then I deleted it again thru BB Desktop, and tried accessing AW using FF again. First it stuck me in the BBID screen (perhaps I need to change my password or something to "jog" it?), but I had been there before disconnecting. Signed out and back in, told me to update AW, and now it's hanging on "resume sync" to download even though I've clicked it about 20 times. Having had the issue on both IE and FF, I'm fairly sure its a problem with my BBID/AW, as opposed to a browser issue.

*edited to add* Oh, desktop AW just told me that my session has expired and I've been logged out. While "syncing"

According to my BB Protect, its working fine, the last backup was July 19th (yesterday) and status is normal. I have BB Travel on my phone but don't travel much

So I'm really at a loss as to what to do. My next thought was just to try to get an older version of AW downloaded, try to make sure BBID is updated etc, and then try the upgrade again.
    07-20-12 12:15 PM
    I'm having the same nightmare with missing appworld icon.

I did a security wipe yesterday evening, with no results but everything now gone on my phone. I've searched and searched the forums, with no results or answers.

I have been a big fan of BlackBerry , but I can't take this.
    07-20-12 12:43 PM
    Nope, it did not work. I tried accessing AppWorld on my desktop from IE, since FF is the browser giving me plugin issues. It told me I needed to update the current AW on my phone, and proceeded to hang "waiting" indefinitely. Then I deleted it again thru BB Desktop, and tried accessing AW using FF again. First it stuck me in the BBID screen (perhaps I need to change my password or something to "jog" it?), but I had been there before disconnecting. Signed out and back in, told me to update AW, and now it's hanging on "resume sync" to download even though I've clicked it about 20 times. Having had the issue on both IE and FF, I'm fairly sure its a problem with my BBID/AW, as opposed to a browser issue.

*edited to add* Oh, desktop AW just told me that my session has expired and I've been logged out. While "syncing"

According to my BB Protect, its working fine, the last backup was July 19th (yesterday) and status is normal. I have BB Travel on my phone but don't travel much

So I'm really at a loss as to what to do. My next thought was just to try to get an older version of AW downloaded, try to make sure BBID is updated etc, and then try the upgrade again.
    Yes...try this. If any BBID updates are required, launching AW (older version) will still ask for them.

You can get older versions of AW (and a lot of native BB apps) at rroyy.com/otaarchive

Edit: rroyy.com is a mobile site
    Last edited by raino; 07-20-12 at 01:00 PM.
    bassicmama likes this.
    07-20-12 12:57 PM
    I finally went to rroyy.com, Ed older version of Appworld and everything is back to normal. Thank you guys for having answers.
    07-21-12 10:17 AM
    I went there, downloaded the older version, everything was fine for a few days. The AW update didn't even show up as available til yesterday. I had all the other apps updated, thought, what the hey, why not try again.

Back to square one. AW icon is gone, it does not show in universal search, but it is in App Mngt. I uninstalled from App Mngt, rebooted, then reinstalled from my browser and all the same stuff is happening even after a couple reboots.

Sooooo....pretty sure my phone just hates the new AW I guess I'll just stick with the older version til they come out with another version with some bug fixes. Unless there is another solution that you know of!
    07-23-12 03:49 PM
    Nope, stick with the old version to be safe. Obviously there's something off in the update. BBID was messed up too, so I changed password. I've noticed many of my apps are having module errors, so deleted them.

I'm really trying to stay loyal to BB, but its getting harder every day.
    07-23-12 04:02 PM
    I'm with Kevin on this one. This 3.1.4.25 seems to be a buggy release, for various reasons. One would hope every upgrade that's released is better than the previous, but not so in this case.
    berrydroidapple likes this.
    07-23-12 08:13 PM
    Just for kicks I tried the 3.1.4.20 beta from rroyy.com and it also "installed successfully", showing in App Mngt, yet not in universal search, and no icon as usual. I am a member of Beta Zone but never bothered getting this release or the key, so yeah, I'll go back to the older one. Thanks for all your help
    berrydroidapple likes this.
    07-23-12 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD