Hi all

I have returned to the Blackberry fold after a six month tour with the iPhone 3g.

While I do miss a LOT about that device, I'm still happy with the reliability and rock solid performance of the 8900.

However, what REALLY disappoints me is the boring, snoozathon that is the App store. The iPhone app store was a real treat to use and had some really cool stuff on there - also, it was CHEAP!

Is this something that the BB world will soon grow into, or is the "business feel" of the range taking all the fun out of the experience?

I know the crackberry store is WAY better, but still, everything seems so expensive!
    07-22-09 03:22 PM
    Its version 1, give it some time.
    07-22-09 03:42 PM
    Not only is is ver.1 like lazerus said... it's also very new... a month, maybe 6 weeks old.
    07-22-09 03:51 PM
    I'm still expecting more, and it also doesn't excuse the massive costs involved to purchase some of these apps.

Come on RIM, build it and they will come.
    07-23-09 10:12 AM
    I'm still expecting more, and it also doesn't excuse the massive costs involved to purchase some of these apps.

Come on RIM, build it and they will come.
    They just built it, and they are coming... right now it's only available in the US, Canada and UK I believe, so it's not even world-wide yet.

As far as prices... these are the same prices any BB app have been at long before App World... it's just a matter of supply and demand... if we had no demand for those apps, they would not charge us what they do for those apps... and just because Apple is not charge that much for their apps speaks a lot about their apps, or it just means they want to under cut the competition.
    07-23-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD