It doesn't hurt to steal good ideas from your competitors...I just found out Android lets you return any paid app within 24 hours of purchase. You can only use this once per app so you don't cheat the system (meaning that, buy App on day 1, return on day 2, if you decide to buy it again you own it for good).

I'm really hesitant to buy apps off AppWorld because BB apps are on average more expensive, and there are tons of performance issues. I really have to think before spending $6 on an app that may or may not run well on my phone. I think this kind of policy will increase the number of apps sold, which is good for all of us!
    08-07-10 10:20 AM
    Indeed. Or putting a one day free trial on every app would satisfy me as well.
    08-07-10 10:40 AM
    Don't most BB apps have a free trial already?
    08-07-10 09:14 PM
    Don't most BB apps have a free trial already?
    A number of them do yes, but no where near "most". If you look in the top 25 paid apps, there is only 1 with a free trial (not counting bebuzz and color ID lite).

Would be nice to require a trial for every app.
    08-07-10 09:21 PM
    I've for one have been bad about posting trials for my apps, but as I've been updating new versions my apps I've been posting trials for them as well. One thing I just realize after submitting my latest app (Find my phone) to app world is RIM charges developers for posting a trial! I really don't get that logic at all. RIM charges devs $20 a pop to upload a new app, and $20 for each update (free apps included) and I got charged for uploading the trial. So I paid $40 to post my app there with a trial. I don't know for sure, so I'm making an assumption here. But if I have to update this app again, ill be paying another $40 which just seems greedy to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 09:28 PM
    I've for one have been bad about posting trials for my apps, but as I've been updating new versions my apps I've been posting trials for them as well. One thing I just realize after submitting my latest app (Find my phone) to app world is RIM charges developers for posting a trial! I really don't get that logic at all. RIM charges devs $20 a pop to upload a new app, and $20 for each update (free apps included) and I got charged for uploading the trial. So I paid $40 to post my app there with a trial. I don't know for sure, so I'm making an assumption here. But if I have to update this app again, ill be paying another $40 which just seems greedy to me.

$20 to add a free trial! I guess RIM is more concerned with making a profit than satisfying their customers. That's a shame. Guess I'll be appreciating free trials on app world a little more
    08-07-10 09:33 PM
    $20 to add a free trial! I guess RIM is more concerned with making a profit than satisfying their customers. That's a shame. Guess I'll be appreciating free trials on app world a little more
    Ya I was a little surprised myself, because I don't remember it being the case before with trials. But I hadn't posted a new app in AW for a few months, so it might have been something they introduced when the upgraded the vendor portal to 2.0 a couple months back. Oh and started taking an extra 10% from us

08-07-10 09:42 PM
    Wow, those numbers are staggering. Are those similar to everyone else on the market?

I'm talking about a broad return policy where you pay first, then have to decide to return or not. This to me attracts more sales than a trial, because they already have your money and you can't delay the decision by saying "meh it was fine, maybe I'll buy it next week"

08-08-10 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD