Hello -

Can anyone tell me what the advantages and disadvantages would be in deleting the Blackberry Application Center? Would I gain much more application memory? Could I live to regret this down the road?

Also, when upgrading to a future OS in the future, would this reappear, or is it gone for good when deleted?

Thanks!
    04-07-09 07:45 AM
    Advantage:
    More App memory (less than 500Kb is my guess but who cares)
    Less Cluter

Disadvantage: None (all the apps in there were garbage, and essentially the app center has been replaced by App world...)
    04-07-09 07:51 AM
    Just keep in mind, (if I understand this correctly) App World is RIM, App Center is from your Provider. App World includes the common Apps from RIM that are listed in App Center (such as Yahoo/MSN/AIM messenger applications, FaceBook, etc) but only App Center will have your vendor specific apps. So if you use Verizon's Visual Voice Mail or Navigator, for example, these don't appear in App World.

I could be totally wrong here, but that was how I understood it.
    04-07-09 08:08 AM
    Very true, but I doubt the vendors will come out with anything that App World doesn't have anymore. Which is why I deleted mine
    (App Center that is)
    04-07-09 09:18 AM
    Yes I erased mine. App world pretty much takes its place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 09:27 AM
    and can't you get VZ nav and visual voicemail by going to there website anyway?
    04-07-09 09:30 AM
    App world is all I have, got rid of App center.
    04-07-09 09:40 AM
    How do i delete app center?
    04-07-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD