I just thought I would give some credit to this very useful app. I must admit at first I had my doubts about BB alerts, because a lot of posts I read on this forum had some negative reviews. Also the 12 bucks that it cost seemed a bit much.

After further review this app would be hard to live without. I can identify what type of message I missed simply by looking at the led while its in my holster at work on the go (red = bbm, email = green, sms =blue, etc...). So If I can't read the message due to being busy, I can at least check the holster on my belt and know immediately what type of message I have or a missed call.

Also if I miss the vibration or notifier, it will vibrate my phone every minute until I notice or check the message. Of course all these options can be adjusted and modified. Not to mention you can change the color, brightness and the frequency of the LED flashing.

I highly recommend giving this app a try!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 07:44 PM
    Blargh. I couldn't get that POS app to work for nothin.

Sorry, still a bit bitter...

11-07-08 08:04 PM

Haha Jenay, I know how much you love BB Alerts!.....hehe
    11-07-08 08:07 PM

did you download it from handago or bbymel?
    11-07-08 08:18 PM
    I adore BBAlerts, I love the ability to customize the colors too, wicked cool app. I just wish it would incorp BBM's too LOL
    11-07-08 09:17 PM
    BB Alerts is a must have!! Some 3rd party developers need to learn how to build there app around it....hint hint to smrtguard that will be ignored.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-07-08 at 09:43 PM.
    11-07-08 09:39 PM
    LMAO... oooooo nice one
    11-07-08 09:44 PM
    BB Alerts is a must have!! Some 3rd party developers need to learn how to build there app around it....hint hint to smrtguard that will be ignored.
    I know exactly what you mean...
    11-07-08 09:47 PM
    I love BBalerts ! It was definitely worth the $12 I spent on it, and any future Blackberries I get will definitely have it. It is a must have for me now. I have no problem with it working with PeekaWho, I just have to use BBalerts 1.3. I may lose some of the newer features, but at least it works.
    11-07-08 10:12 PM
    I love BBalerts ! It was definitely worth the $12 I spent on it, and any future Blackberries I get will definitely have it. It is a must have for me now. I have no problem with it working with PeekaWho, I just have to use BBalerts 1.3. I may lose some of the newer features, but at least it works.
    It worked for me with both apps at the same time in the early stages of PeeKaWho...
    11-07-08 10:16 PM
    Well that stinks..you lose features with BB alerts so you can have PeekaBoo on board hmm have you ever heard of Aerize Alerts ?..if not you might want to check it out.It offers pop up notification just like PeekaBoo but works with Blackberry Alerts 1.65 and you get to keep the features you paid for.
    11-07-08 10:21 PM
    Well that stinks..you lose features with BB alerts so you can have PeekaBoo on board hmm have you ever heard of Aerize Alerts ?..if not you might want to check it out.It offers pop up notification just like PeekaBoo but works with Blackberry Alerts 1.65 and you get to keep the features you paid for.
    I don't mind losing the features. I have no intention of spending $10 on Aerize Alerts, when I spent less than half that on PeekaWho. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    11-07-08 10:25 PM
    I don't mind losing the features. I have no intention of spending $10 on Aerize Alerts, when I spent less than half that on PeekaWho. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Developers 2 day trials get consumers every time.
    Aerize Alerts is currently 7 bucs with a 7 day trial and works with 1.65 BB alerts.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-07-08 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Editing my reply
    11-07-08 10:28 PM
    Best 7 pounds I have ever spent, LOVE it!
    11-08-08 04:33 AM
    Nothing can beat BB alerts, It gives you any color choice you want..heck you can make 3 of your own custom colors.
    BB Alerts 1.65 build gives led and alert sound reminder repeat for

Missed Calls
    Missed SMS
    Missed E-mails
    Missed Pin
    Missed Voicemail
    Reminder event
    Idle Alert

Also setting a schedule and filters when you want active.I heard that Mel is adding Custom Color choice for BBM very soon as well
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-08-08 at 12:33 PM.
    11-08-08 12:25 PM
    Nothing can beat BB alerts, It gives you any color choice you want..heck you can make 3 of your own custom colors.
    BB Alerts 1.65 build gives led and alert sound reminder repeat for

Missed Calls
    Missed SMS
    Missed E-mails
    Missed Pin
    Missed Voicemail
    Reminder event
    Idle Alert

Also setting a schedule and filters when you want active.I heard that Mel is adding Custom Color choice for BBM very soon as well
    Really? I had actually emailed him/her last night inquiring about that. I hate the red, red to me, means danger - somethings wrong LOL, and it doesnt look pretty with my housing either lol
    11-08-08 12:40 PM
    Really? I had actually emailed him/her last night inquiring about that. I hate the red, red to me, means danger - somethings wrong LOL, and it doesnt look pretty with my housing either lol
    hehe Ive emailed them twice not getting response on BBM as well lol
    My buddy that's Sprint tech got reply from Mel amazingly to look for BBM color choice soon.
    finger crossed I cant wait
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-08-08 at 01:01 PM.
    11-08-08 12:59 PM
    What is the bblalert support email?

I just bought the app, and was wondering if I can transfer the license to another device.
    11-08-08 01:23 PM
    What is the bblalert support email?

I just bought the app, and was wondering if I can transfer the license to another device.
    ive had to Activation# swap a couple times having no problem.They got back to me within 48 hours.
    [email protected]
    11-08-08 01:59 PM
    I just tried bbalerts and I am not getting any popups

11-08-08 02:12 PM
    In the BBalerts options, there is a box Pop Up Notification, make sure that is checked.
    11-08-08 02:22 PM
    Well, I heard back from Mel... all that was said was "In the future it may be."...

So... take that as you want (re: bbm led)
    11-08-08 02:47 PM
    In the BBalerts options, there is a box Pop Up Notification, make sure that is checked.

i have that box checked and still no popups
    11-08-08 04:00 PM
    Try a battery pull...
    11-08-08 05:12 PM
    Haha, red means danger...hehe
    11-08-08 05:28 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD