hi .. i am kinda new to this BB9700. amazing phone though.i just put my old Memory card in it. and i went to security options and did the security wipe. to erase the memory. and email and contacts was Checked aswell. i didnt bother. but later . BB Maps has been disapear from my menu. i can see it in the application list (Add ons) but i cant see it working. can anyone help me in this ? thanks
    06-21-10 09:45 AM
    Did you do a battery pull?
    06-21-10 09:48 AM
    yeah i did.. didnt work.. in advance options when i click on maps . its says. default serivice is NONE... do you think maybe i should put my older memory card back?
    06-21-10 10:06 AM
    If you have AT&T, they block the icon. (Don't get me started.)
    Anyway... someone wrote a little program to launch BBMaps. You can check out the thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...cher-t-369440/
    06-21-10 10:09 AM
    RIM has an innocuous BB Maps activator called lds ribbon that you can use to get BB Maps unhidden . . . I keep it bookmarked since AT&T hides BB Maps on my phone once a month or so. Go here with your phone:

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi
    06-21-10 10:16 AM
    Can you go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books and see if you have one called 'Blackberry Maps [LbsConfig], if you don't then this is your problem.
    06-21-10 02:16 PM
    Just curious...

I have and use Google Maps. Is there anything in BB Maps that makes it better than GM ?
    06-21-10 04:03 PM
    hey yeah I'd like to know too, since the Google Maps seems to have more than the BB Maps (from what I can see)
    06-21-10 04:31 PM
    Can you go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books and see if you have one called 'Blackberry Maps [LbsConfig], if you don't then this is your problem.
    no. its not in service book... i think i should remove the whole damn thing and reinstall ... i m not using AT&T.. i am in Middle east .. and service providers dont block any apps here .. so its pretty much clear that issue is with the phone set.
    06-22-10 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD