I received my BB8350i......and installed the software to my laptop.
    It shows a later version for the OS is avail. but I'm hesitant and want to check with you guys first.
    On the apps upgrades it shows it can take a whole onslaught of stuff too....but right before you click ok....it states "you will need to activate wirelessly once complete....cancel if you do not want to update"
    So I stopped it.

The phone is from ebay and I have tested some things so far.....Browser loads with Wi-Fi connection and can get internet..... I went to the Sprint store and had them take my contacts off old sim card and directly into the phone then just slipped that same older SIM card and I have voice communications....my company does not pay for text or data...but I do get most texts coming in...I definitely cannot text out.....but never have been able to. I am ok with this unless there is some hack but I doubt it.

Phone looks to be brand new.....both the Sprint employee and the Ebay vendor explained Nextel phones can't really be bricked and even tho the phone does seem active under another business account it would not matter for my purposes and also it will very likely soon be bumped off and de-activated soon. IT is DEFINITELY not stolen.

I mainly bought the phone to be able to load a 16gb minicard to play some MP3'z from....take funky photos when I dont have a camera on me. And use organizing functions.
    What should I not do?

I have never liked Outlook too much for Organizing and have been using a Rex6000 for years very efficiently with Intellisync doing all the organizing...is there a similar app with To DO's, Memos,and Tasks...and can I load it without imploding my phone?
    Sorry again data is out of the question for me.....the phone should provide plenty of uses without it. Still leaps and bounds from my monochrome display older phone.
    If you have some advice on it being activated as a big no no for me to NOT keep and return immediately please give as well.

Is there a recommended browser? Thanks in advance.
    12-15-09 12:41 PM
    hello anyone? ? ?
    12-15-09 02:54 PM
    well if your using it as a paper weight, music player, camera, ect... then it does not really matter what OS you have on there. some people like to have the latest and not always greatest software, some wait.

if you are using the phone you should always update, but i would wait and see if RIM fixes some of the issues some people are having. they are posted elsewhere in the forum you can search for 313 and find the threads.
    12-15-09 03:10 PM
    im still using 204 with the only problem i noticed is... I hit left convinence key to bring up Contacts, scroll to my contact to call, I hit the Talk key and I see the different number options pop up for a split second then the phone opens my Phone Log.

My roommates both have 313 and have several of the issues that are mentioned in the forums.

IMO, I would keep 204 til the next update after 313 and then I wouldnt jump on the bandwagon til some info comes in on it.
    12-15-09 05:18 PM
    I have gone from 204 to 313 back to 204 and back to 313. There are features is 313 that are nice but my first DL of 313 seemed to have issues. My second go around is all good and I am enjoying the 313. The new featyre of haveing all your dc contacts come up when you hit the left conv key is great. better radio signal, better texts as well.
    12-15-09 07:22 PM
    Ok glad I didnt upgrade so quick I can wait just fine. I dont like to upgrade anything really if it aint broke.

Ok but any help with a more Intellisync like organizer app?
    Any prefferred browser over the Hotspot browser?

Where's a good place to look at available appz to install?
    I'd like to read PDF's on this is it possible?

And most importantly what is a known to be perfectly compatible 16gb card?

Thanks for all the help.
    12-15-09 08:17 PM
    look in my signature
    12-15-09 08:30 PM
    Thanks man that's working out. Well actually I'm tweaking outlook and it can be made to work as good as the old school Intellisync simple notes and To-do's.....plus more with the calendar.
    12-16-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD