10-10-12 04:39 PM
114 ... 345
tools
    Do people still pay for simple apps which should be free !? BatteryEx is a very simple app that should have been free from the start, it only took me an hour to add its functionality to AOSLED, i was actually adding Meterberry functionality, then someone mentioned battery icons and skins, so i thought this is simple, so why not make skin lovers happy

Dont spend money and chase after licenses issues if you dont have the app, AOSLED is free and does both apps features, but if you do have the apps then enjoy it and when you get stuck, you know what to do
    I was in no way trying to take away from your app. I in fact am using it now though the only feature I am using right now is the LED feature. (I am a little overwhelmed by all it can do.) I greatly appreciate the fact that it is free. I was just responding to people saying Batteryex wasn't available, I wasn't really trying to promote it. I purchased battery ex back in March long before I had heard of your app and before it had the battery capabilities it does now.
    10-09-12 03:52 AM
    I was just responding to people saying Batteryex wasn't available, I wasn't really trying to promote it. I purchased battery ex back in March long before I had heard of your app and before it had the battery capabilities it does now.
    I was only trying to express my thoughts about other apps and not your comment, i would never think bad about users or their preference. This is a public forum made to help users, so we both enjoy discussing apps and helping others

(I am a little overwhelmed by all it can do.)
    i get that a lot "way too many features in one app"

as long as you find something in my app to use, then that makes it worth the development
    catberryday likes this.
    10-09-12 04:37 AM
    I'm using your app from the very beginning and I am still totally in love with it!
    Since you won't take any money yet, I want to re offer you my kidney in case you'll ever need one and I even raise my offer to my liver when I'm dead, tho its not very healthy any more I guess

But still: awesome job, we love you!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-09-12 05:51 AM
    The current interval for the battery skin icon is set at every 20%. I talked to Sultan about possibly changing it to every 10%. It is possible, but it would ever so slightly increase the battery discharge rate (not sure by how much).

So my question is…

How many of you would like the 10% interval?

Is every 20% sufficient?

Ideally this is more of a perk to utilize more icons so the pay-off may not be worth sacrificing the battery discharge rate. One of my earlier posts in this thread, I posted a screenshot of my icon folder and made my own custom set-up that uses a combination of different icons and not one specific set.
    10-09-12 12:17 PM
    I was only trying to express my thoughts about other apps and not your comment, i would never think bad about users or their preference. This is a public forum made to help users, so we both enjoy discussing apps and helping others

i get that a lot "way too many features in one app"

as long as you find something in my app to use, then that makes it worth the development
    Oh your app is definitely worth using! As I re-read my post I sounded defensive and I didn't mean to be. I just didn't want anyone to think I was pushing another app over yours.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    10-09-12 12:23 PM
    The current interval for the battery skin icon is set at every 20%. I talked to Sultan about possibly changing it to every 10%. It is possible, but it would ever so slightly increase the battery discharge rate (not sure by how much).

So my question is…

How many of you would like the 10% interval?

Is every 20% sufficient?

Ideally this is more of a perk to utilize more icons so the pay-off may not be worth sacrificing the battery discharge rate. One of my earlier posts in this thread, I posted a screenshot of my icon folder and made my own custom set-up that uses a combination of different icons and not one specific set.
    Tbh 20% is just fine for me. I think battery life is important and the features already implemented are great for customization, 5 steps charge/discharge icons = great anyway. 10 steps is way too much imho.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-09-12 02:02 PM
    Tbh 20% is just fine for me. I think battery life is important and the features already implemented are great for customization, 5 steps charge/discharge icons = great anyway. 10 steps is way too much imho.
    Usually I would like finer detail, but in terms of battery life I'm going to have to agree with you here and would prefer to stick with the 20% increments if it does in fact affect battery life.
    10-09-12 02:40 PM
    Usually I would like finer detail, but in terms of battery life I'm going to have to agree with you here and would prefer to stick with the 20% increments if it does in fact affect battery life.
    My initial thought was to have finer detail as well and have a more variety of icons show. But the battery part stopped my excitement, I posted the idea to get a wider based opinion. Sultan said he could change it... but I think it may be best if it is left as is.
    10-09-12 03:02 PM
    Yep, I think we should leave it be. Already have issues with battery life (nothing to do with this app though)...don't need to add to it

BTW, I hate these emoticons. I miss the old ones!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-09-12 03:09 PM
    +1 on 20%
    10-09-12 03:49 PM
    +1 for the 20%!
    10-09-12 05:17 PM
    I'd also agree to sticking with 20%
    10-10-12 12:47 PM

Discharge100

Discharge80

Discharge60

Discharge40