Hey guys I have tried extracting the files with Beam Explorer(I had RockFile Manager but after the recent update it won't reinstall) but to no avail. Can anyone suggest me a better file manager app I feel I am the only one who has downloaded the files but can't seem to view the icons, in terms of battery icon folder and the original icons everything is perfect.
    I would also recommend that files are kept uncompressed (without converting to ZIP files), much easier for non-expert users and people with no 3rd party apps installed.

Creating a dependency or extra steps are usually a show stopper for many people

So sharing plain image files "charge20.png to discharge100.png" so people would easily just copy/download straight into the BatteryIcon directory using Homescreen> Media Folder>Pictures , without the need to open File Manager app and look for the pictures (this is a one step process, try it )
    10-02-12 04:08 AM
    I would also recommend that files are kept uncompressed (without converting to ZIP files), much easier for non-expert users and people with no 3rd party apps installed.

Creating a dependency or extra steps are usually a show stopper for many people

So sharing plain image files "charge20.png to discharge100.png" so people would easily just copy/download straight into the BatteryIcon directory using Homescreen> Media Folder>Pictures , without the need to open File Manager app and look for the pictures (this is a one step process, try it )
    Hi...for those who are downloading the zipped files there is a free app that will unzip them for you. You can find it in BlackBerry App World. The name is UnZipMe Free by QuiteSimple and is very easy to use. Once the app app is downloaded you can easily unzip the file from your BlackBerry device.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/96731
    Last edited by jordan559; 10-02-12 at 05:29 AM.
    10-02-12 05:11 AM
    i give up... downloaded the unzip n zipped files. even few times of download but could not possibly find the folder.
    even downloaded the app, but could not find where the app is. even 'show hidden' won't show where the file is..

anybody could do us non-techy the png or JPEG files so that we cam just save it there n then.

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 05:41 AM
    i give up... downloaded the unzip n zipped files. even few times of download but could not possibly find the folder.
    even downloaded the app, but could not find where the app is. even 'show hidden' won't show where the file is..

anybody could do us non-techy the png or JPEG files so that we cam just save it there n then.

haha.. few typos there...
    what i meant is i could not find the downloaded zipped files.

but i know where the unzip me app is... lol...

10-02-12 05:43 AM
    I can't get this to work either I've extracted the files to the folder but I get the default icon. My settings are like the screen shot above. Does it work on a Curve 8900? Lol
    10-02-12 07:11 AM
    I can't get this to work either I've extracted the files to the folder but I get the default icon. My settings are like the screen shot above. Does it work on a Curve 8900? Lol
    2 things to check for:

1- custom homescreen icons are enabled in the battery notifications feature

2- folder and icons must already be there, you just have to OVERWRITE them, not add new icons.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 10-02-12 at 07:24 AM.
    10-02-12 07:20 AM
    The 10 images in the batteryicon folder (which is in your pictures folder) need to be all replaced with the new images for it to show up, making sure that the image names are kept the same.

having the folders zipped then attached makes it simpler for all the images to be contained in one folder.
    I can attach unzipped, but then I would be attaching 10 separate images each time of every set, and the user would have to dl each one individually.
    Which is less time consuming? And easier?
    let me know...
    10-02-12 07:20 AM
    Please tell me how to disable this indicator. I do not want or need another indicator. I already use a different app for this purpose and I don't want more folders of skins on my card.

How to disable please?
    10-02-12 08:28 AM
    Please tell me how to disable this indicator. I do not want or need another indicator. I already use a different app for this purpose and I don't want more folders of skins on my card.

How to disable please?
    Jaydee...
    Go to Operating System Utilities, scroll down to battery notification, then home screen icon & meter - set to off
    10-02-12 08:35 AM
    2 things to check for:

1- custom homescreen icons are enabled in the battery notifications feature

2- folder and icons must already be there, you just have to OVERWRITE them, not add new icons.

Hope this helps
    Thanks that's what I was doing wrong deleted the original folder. Works now thanks top Dev
    10-02-12 08:44 AM
    Jaydee...
    Go to Operating System Utilities, scroll down to battery notification, then home screen icon & meter - set to off
    Thanks dear friend! I'm too stressed today to even figure it out for myself!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-02-12 10:25 AM

How to disable please?
    we all came up with the idea of the battery indicator due to no mobihand meaning no battery ex you see. hopefully will be more used in the future
    10-02-12 10:30 AM

Witchy Girl

Design

Spidey Sense

Tropical Sunrise

Fireworks

Pure Sun (you can't see it 'cause background is white! it's white stripes shooting outwards)

Water Color Battery Pastel

Boardwalk Bucket

Roots

Spiral

created by Hamsterwheel, converted by me.. more to come
    10-02-12 10:56 AM
    Please post some more for the boys in here!
    And thanks for the efforts, very appreciated!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    wolfee48, dbugem and Mecca EL like this.
    10-02-12 02:05 PM
    Please post some more for the boys in here!
    And thanks for the efforts, very appreciated!

yes i was thinking the boys need some.. LOL. i'm not very boy orientated would you like to give me and Hamster some ideas ?
    10-02-12 02:50 PM
    yes i was thinking the boys need some.. LOL. i'm not very boy orientated would you like to give me and Hamster some ideas ?
    More color options for the Skyline set of icons.

White with a black outline
    black with a white outline
    Red
    Blue
    Red, white, and blue
    Green to match the Seven Point Five theme
    ria__x and dbugem like this.
    10-02-12 02:56 PM
    if you can get some "just" batteries sets i would really appreciate it . some batteries with different colors.

thanks!
    wolfee48, ria__x and dbugem like this.
    10-02-12 02:59 PM
    Sure thing!

- a UFC logo
    - a beer glass emptying while discharging
    - a hand logo showing "fine" (I.e. Showing an "o" with thumb and index), changing to a raised middlefinger when near empty
    - a fuel gauge
    - a simple battery sign but with cooler colors like yellow to black or blue to black

Will post more when they come to my mind, done for now

wolfee48 and ria__x like this.
    10-02-12 03:25 PM
    Sure thing!

- a UFC logo
    - a beer glass emptying while discharging
    - a hand logo showing "fine" (I.e. Showing an "o" with thumb and index), changing to a raised middlefinger when near empty
    - a fuel gauge
    - a simple battery sign but with cooler colors like yellow to black or blue to black

Will post more when they come to my mind, done for now

Love the Beer Glass Emptying idea.

Only problem would be that I would be constantly charging as I hate seeing my glass of beer go down !!!
    COPiSEN and teamfoster03 like this.
    10-02-12 03:37 PM
    ok i will see if i can try and make some (bear in mind i have NEVER made any lmao) and i'm sure Hamster will deffo give it a go she's the pro
    wolfee48, dbugem and teamfoster03 like this.
    10-02-12 03:48 PM
    maybe if you find some pics for examples that could extra help us
    10-02-12 03:50 PM
    we all came up with the idea of the battery indicator due to no mobihand meaning no battery ex you see. hopefully will be more used in the future
    I see. So no more chance to get battery ex new.
    Good option for those who want a battery indicator.
    And this app just gets better and better.
    10-02-12 03:55 PM
    Oh boy! And I mean oh boy..LOL

Let's see what I can come up with

Skyline I can for sure do in other colors...
    And different battery looking ones...

Keep in mind guys, these are awfully small images, and not everything will look right or even show up well....
    I will do what I can
    wolfee48, dbugem and teamfoster03 like this.
    10-02-12 03:56 PM
    ok i will see if i can try and make some (bear in mind i have NEVER made any lmao) and i'm sure Hamster will deffo give it a go she's the pro
    One lil doubt in the original pics the color keeps changing every 20% drop in battery due to different pictures but in all the different icons posted here all the pics are the same when I extracted the folder????
    10-02-12 03:58 PM
    Oh boy! And I mean oh boy..LOL

Let's see what I can come up with

Skyline I can for sure do in other colors...
    And different battery looking ones...

Keep in mind guys, these are awfully small images, and not everything will look right or even show up well....
    I will do what I can
    All efforts are greatly appreciated!!!
    dbugem likes this.
    10-02-12 03:58 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD