guys do battery saver apps work or are they a scam/placebo effects only?
    01-17-12 11:35 AM
    Definetly a placebo effect. I don't even use a auto wifi on/off.
    01-17-12 11:47 AM
    what do you think? hint, no kind of apps that doesnt use/eat battery.
    01-17-12 12:42 PM
    what do you think? hint, no kind of apps that doesnt use/eat battery.
    ya that make sense except if u look up Battery Saver in appworld u'll see more than half the comments saying 'it helped me with my battery'
    01-17-12 02:26 PM
    ya that make sense except if u look up Battery Saver in appworld u'll see more than half the comments saying 'it helped me with my battery'
    Thats where the placebo effect comes in. The users had to reboot their device after installation. The reboot alone could have helped any battery issue(s).
    01-17-12 02:34 PM
    I don't use a battery saver app. Instead just use any battery info like MeteryBerry. But I have BatterySaver PRO but I just use it cos I like the UI of the battery, but I never use the features. I'd turn on/off my apps on my own.
    01-17-12 02:55 PM
    Depends.
    I use Battery Booster Pro and SmartWiFi by S4BB and find that they save me more battery than they use. Many of the apps I tried do not work, or just accelerate the battery drain. I am in and out of bad reception areas all day long. the app turns off the radio in these cases. If you are not in this situation then they may not help.
    01-17-12 03:09 PM
    I use Battery Plus because it has the best graphs for your daily, monthly and weekly usage for hours and days. Yes I realize Batteryex has this too but that font is too small. Battery Plus just works.
    01-17-12 07:28 PM
    I use Battery Plus because it has the best graphs for your daily, monthly and weekly usage for hours and days. Yes I realize Batteryex has this too but that font is too small. Battery Plus just works.

Battery Plus does have nice graphs. If you set the Cell radio to turn off when signal strength falls below a certain point, the program does not turn the radio back on like it should. The WiFi part of it works as they say. Turns off and then back on after a set period to look for a signal.
    I sent an email to support on this but have not heard anything yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-21-12 07:16 PM
    Battery Plus does have nice graphs. If you set the Cell radio to turn off when signal strength falls below a certain point, the program does not turn the radio back on like it should. The WiFi part of it works as they say. Turns off and then back on after a set period to look for a signal.
    I sent an email to support on this but have not heard anything yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Hmm I have noticed when I lock the phone the settings for the Radio And Wifi do Not turn off like they are supposed to as well.
    Please let me know what Support says about these issues.
    01-21-12 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD