Are these apps really as good as a real battery pull?

I don't want to keep removing my phone's cover, just to pull the battery...so I was hoping one of these apps would do the job.

Having said that, would someone with knowledge let us know just how effective they are?
    04-04-10 08:29 AM
    If you have a keyboard device, Alt-R.Shift-Del is just as effective as a battery pull at rebooting and recovering lost memory. Of course, if the device is locked up and not responding to the keyboard, then you have to do the battery pull. The principal advantage to the battery pull apps is that you can schedule one to occur while you are sleeping, so you don't have to wait for the device to reboot. Otherwise, Alt-R.Shift-Del does the same reboot for free.
    04-04-10 08:45 AM
    There really shouldn't be need for even a soft reboot, but on rare occasion. The 9700 OS's are superb, especially the latest leak, 5.0.0.593.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfaneseô, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 08:49 AM
    If you have a keyboard device, Alt-R.Shift-Del is just as effective as a battery pull at rebooting and recovering lost memory. Of course, if the device is locked up and not responding to the keyboard, then you have to do the battery pull. The principal advantage to the battery pull apps is that you can schedule one to occur while you are sleeping, so you don't have to wait for the device to reboot. Otherwise, Alt-R.Shift-Del does the same reboot for free.
    Thanks mate....

I've been in touch with tech support for Quicklaunch recently, and there were some long arduous processes, where lots of battery pulls were required...

Thanks for letting me know the soft reset is actually the same thing!
    04-04-10 08:49 AM
    Thanks mate....

I've been in touch with tech support for Quicklaunch recently, and there were some long arduous processes, where lots of battery pulls were required...

Thanks for letting me know the soft reset is actually the same thing!
    Here is a link to an old thread where I posted data to back up the assertion that a reboot is just as effective as a battery pull. http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/new...ml#post2741206
    04-04-10 08:53 AM
    Here is a link to an old thread where I posted data to back up the assertion that a reboot is just as effective as a battery pull. http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/new...ml#post2741206
    *bow*

04-04-10 09:01 AM
    Does QuickPull Free work with a Bold 9700 (I have OS 5.0.405 I think)?

I'd like an app that simply does a reset once a day in the morning. Thanks!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-04-10 09:07 AM
    I use QuickPull Lite who simulates a pull. You can also chose which days to pull.

04-04-10 01:32 PM
    Quickpull Lite doesn't work on my 9700 (OS .405) It justs locks up. Even the soft reset provided on the unit locks up. ??
    04-05-10 10:13 AM
    I use quickpull and it works wonderfully....i schedule it to run early in the morning before i wake up....one of my favorite apps
    04-09-10 11:15 AM
    Otherwise, Alt-R.Shift-Del does the same reboot for free.
    Don't know why any one wouldn't use this method. Heck, when I tried a BatteryPull app, it froze and I had to do a....battery pull
    04-09-10 11:17 AM
    Don't know why any one wouldn't use this method. Heck, when I tried a BatteryPull app, it froze and I had to do a....battery pull
    Because it doesn't work...?!
    How exactly do you do this, Atl-R and then Shift-DEL, or all 4 together? Doesn't work on my phone....****, none of the shortcuts (multiple key combinations) work on my phone.
    04-09-10 12:17 PM
    Press and hold the Alt key, then while continuing to depress the Alt key, depress and hold the Right Shift key, then while continuing to depress the Alt key and the R.Shift key, depress the Del key. I think your confusion comes from the Right Shift nomenclature we are using.
    04-09-10 12:29 PM
    I use meterberry or QL

04-09-10 12:39 PM
    Press and hold the Alt key, then while continuing to depress the Alt key, depress and hold the Right Shift key, then while continuing to depress the Alt key and the R.Shift key, depress the Del key. I think your confusion comes from the Right Shift nomenclature we are using.
    Ha...now it works

Thanks!

BTW - I see people here actually do it every morning, or every now and then. Is it even necessary to "pull battery" so often?!
    04-09-10 01:52 PM
    Some devices and OS's are more stable than others. It shouldn't be necessary on any device. I don't recommend a physical battery pull as preventive maintenance. Unless you are forced to pull the battery because the device isn't responding to the keyboard, a soft reset is just as effective and avoids the electrical and physical stress on the device that accompanies a battery pull. That said, the battery life on my Tour is short enough that I bought a spare battery and usually swap batteries in the late afternoon. So I'm doing a battery pull almost daily anyway.
    04-09-10 03:01 PM
    Where's the right shift button?

04-09-10 05:15 PM
    Where's the right shift button?

Bottom right hand corner next to "sym" key
    04-09-10 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD