Hello CrackBerry.com users!

I'm glad to announce version 2.5.0 of Battery Pack along with the trial version is now approved on App World. The new version adds a charging screen and battery charging estimate. There are many features in this application, please follow the links at the bottom of this post to check out a full description of these features (Battery Alerts, Battery Charging Estimate, Battery Charging Screen, Running Applications, Memory Booster, Tools, nice UI).

Download Battery Pack Trial

Here is a screenshot of the charging screen:

You can even change the background image if you wish.

There is also a black background theme:

Why not download the trial version and try it for free with all of the features for 7 days?
    Download Battery Pack Trial

Please also check out some of the excellent reviews of the full version and if you like it purchase the full version:
    Buy Battery Pack - Download Battery Pack
    Last edited by mobato; 08-10-12 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Added trial version link
    08-10-12 11:38 AM
    I've downloaded the trial version of this app and so far imho, this could be a viable replacement for MeterBerry. It offers quite a bit of the same functionality as MeterBerry does and seems to do it quite well with a small file size and no impact on battery life itself.
    08-11-12 02:22 PM
    Thank you for your kind feedback. I'm glad you mentioned about the battery life, a lot of effort has gone in to the coding to ensure that the impact on battery from the app is minimal.

If there is anything missing from the app or you have any suggestions for improvement please feel free to contact me via the support option inside the app. The aim is to keep updating it to make it the best of its kind.
    Azensun likes this.
    08-11-12 07:23 PM
    Going to give this ago on my 9320. Looking forward to using this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 10:12 AM
    Going to give this ago on my 9320. Looking forward to using this.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. Give it a try!
    08-12-12 10:43 AM
    Looks great so far.
    08-12-12 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the nice feedback The trial version is free of charge and has all the features of the full version for a week, so please try it, and if you decide to keep it you can then purchase the full version. The aim is to continue developing this app to make it the best of its kind for our users. Thanks for your support!
    08-12-12 11:55 AM
    When we hit 7 days I'm guessing the app comes to a grinding halt?
    08-12-12 12:01 PM
    Well... more like it exits its process silently

It does however send you one or two activation reminders before the trial is over and once the trial is finished. Once the trial is finished you can click on the icon and follow the instructions in the activation screen to purchase a copy - check out some of the recent App World reviews if you're still unsure
    08-12-12 12:10 PM
    I've put a trial review on there earlier.
    08-12-12 12:47 PM
    Sounds great; will check it out shortly.

While I realize I could answer myself after I've download the app, but wondering in advance if it:

1) supports Landscape mode on Torch series' models,

2) can be made to work in Bedside Mode instead of the clock (without dimming out to black screen).

TIA!
    08-13-12 12:11 PM
    @Villordsutch - thanks for your review.

@Klotar:

1. Landscape is supported, we don't really lock to a particular screen orientation.

2. I've found when leaving the device on charge, that the charging screen is left on and the device doesn't dim the backlight - is this what your after?

Best thing obviously is to try it out and let me know what you think!
    Klotar likes this.
    08-13-12 12:56 PM
    You're more than welcome. However, I shan't be able to buy the app until the end of the month

08-13-12 01:15 PM
    @Klotar:

1. Landscape is supported, we don't really lock to a particular screen orientation.

2. I've found when leaving the device on charge, that the charging screen is left on and the device doesn't dim the backlight - is this what your after?

Best thing obviously is to try it out and let me know what you think!
    I did a search on Appworld, and it turns out I had purchased it previously, as I got a Reinstall button. That said, it looks to be an improved/upgraded version from what I had seen the first time around.

Indeed, it does work in Landscape, and it works "over" the clock in Bedside Mode (which is my preference). Thanks for the update!

PS - I must confess I find the "Do you like Battery Pack" every time a bit annoying on exit. Update - it seems to stop after giving feedback, so never mind...

A 12Hr / 24 Hr option would be great for the next version.
    08-13-12 02:23 PM
    @Villordsutch - no worries, thanks for your support so far

@Klotar - excellent! Glad you own it! It's improved a lot, there's a lot of underlying stuff that's been improved to to make the app so much better, e.g. before we had different processes for background/gui now it's all merged into one to make things more battery efficient.

The "Do you like Battery Pack?" - I'll be honest, I took it as a cue from some other apps, the thing is if we don't ask users for reviews then users tend to forget (myself being a user of many other apps). And hence our app can just get lost in a sea of other apps, but once you click yes and then review, it won't nag you again

I'll put the 12h/24hr time option on in my notes as a to do for the next version.

I want to keep improving this app, but it really depends on user support, so please spread the word!
    08-13-12 02:34 PM
    @Villordsutch - no worries, thanks for your support so far

@Klotar - excellent! Glad you own it! It's improved a lot, there's a lot of underlying stuff that's been improved to to make the app so much better, e.g. before we had different processes for background/gui now it's all merged into one to make things more battery efficient.

The "Do you like Battery Pack?" - I'll be honest, I took it as a cue from some other apps, the thing is if we don't ask users for reviews then users tend to forget (myself being a user of many other apps). And hence our app can just get lost in a sea of other apps, but once you click yes and then review, it won't nag you again

I'll put the 12h/24hr time option on in my notes as a to do for the next version.

I want to keep improving this app, but it really depends on user support, so please spread the word!
    I just bought it and did my review. But I'll add a couple of future feature requests, all from BatteryEx.

1) A feature to shut off wifi when out of range for 60 seconds or longer. I'm notoriously bad at remembering to shut off wifi when I know I'm not near a usable signal. And AFAIK, the phone drains battery more searching for wifi than not using it to support normal data.

2) Use the BatteryEx custom icons. Yes, this is more a want than a need. But having a customized icon adds to the look of the themes I use.

3) An option to show free memory. This isn't always needed, but it's handy if some app goes berserk and starts heavily draining battery. Often the memory use is an indicator that high activity and data use are culprits. And that helps track the problem to one of the more recently installed apps.
    08-14-12 02:12 PM
    1) A feature to shut off wifi when out of range for 60 seconds or longer. I'm notoriously bad at remembering to shut off wifi when I know I'm not near a usable signal. And AFAIK, the phone drains battery more searching for wifi than not using it to support normal data.
    This is a fantastic idea, I have a separate app for this but still forget. I'd like to be able to set the time limit though.

2)Use the BatteryEx custom icons. Yes, this is more a want than a need. But having a customized icon adds to the look of the themes I use.
    Unsure on the BatteryEx skins (never used it) would like to have a look at them though
    08-14-12 02:30 PM
    This is a fantastic idea, I have a separate app for this but still forget. I'd like to be able to set the time limit though.
    I've tried a few apps for this. A lot rely on tower/gps positioning to decide whether wifi should be on. I spend a lot of time at a site that's a converted strip mall. Accessible wifi is toward on end. I often go between there and another location toward the middle. Being inside, gps is useless for positioning. And I stay connected to the same tower, so that doesn't help. BatteryEx has helped a lot, just by shutting down wifi so I'm not draining battery seeking signal. Now, if I could only find an app for my brain so I'd remember to turn wifi on when I'm in range....

Unsure on the BatteryEx skins (never used it) would like to have a look at them though
    They're really nice. There's a huge thread here dedicated to them. Anything from seasonal & holidays to sports, tech, vacation, etc. Some show up well on the app icon but are just too small on the notification icon to show detail. Others are perfect for both. My particular favorites are a multicolored BB symbol and an outlined steaming coffee cup (with matching wallpaper). The thread starts here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-1-5-a-484175/. At present, it goes 353 pages. There's discussion, requests, some screenshots, and some matching wallpaper.
    08-14-12 03:39 PM
    Some great feedback here - all has been noted, I cannot guarantee to get everything in there for next release though. It really depends on priority, and I also have to be careful to implement these features in a way that the impact on battery usage is minimal.

With respect to the memory size, the amount of available RAM in the device can vary drastically, it's not fixed. In fact sometimes the ram reported can be more than the device flash, I think it uses some sort of paging mechanism similar to windows - this needs further investigation.

Please keep the suggestions and feedback coming in
    08-14-12 03:47 PM
    I can't think of anything and truth be told I wouldn't have thought of the wifi thing either, but that is a great idea
    08-15-12 05:18 AM
    Good day,

This is pathetic!

I downloaded the trial Battery Pack and have tried to buy Battery Pack (tm) twice now! Payment of R15.99 is done through Vodacom but somehow payment is always an error message and download is never made.

Pin no. 2AD78827.

Please sort out between you and Vodacom! What's the point of downloading when one gets so frustrated!

I am not amused.

Thank you.

L. Donnelly
    Cell: +27 82 080 7564
    02-23-14 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD