Well as many of you know from beta testing Sultan Al Sooz has been hard at work adding features and fixing small bugs for all of us to his very popular app, Advance OS and LED. I don't know about any of you but to me Sultans customer service is the VERY best that I have EVER seen. It seems that just as soon as any one of us think of a new feature to add to his super app Sultan is very very quick to put it into the app. He doesn't make us wait till he feels like updating the app he puts it in right away. This is what makes Advance OS and LED second to none!!!!!

Here is a change log to the newest update which should be V15.4.
    Added Features:
    - Now has the ability to create Calls, SMS, Emails and BBM shortcuts in iLaunch favorite contacts.
    - Homescreen Battery Icons & Meters in "Battery Notification" feature. Battery Meters are remaining percentage, Discharge Rate and Temperature.
    - The ability to change the new Homescreen Battery Icons to your own customizable icons. (including Night LED icon).
    - Added reply text to popup feature to automatically send predefined SMS and BBM replies with 1 click.
    - BBM Popups will now show messages text for every BBM message (even unlinked BBM contacts).
    - The ability to directly show iLaunch in shortcuts sub-screen.
    - Added "Phone Password Lock" to iLaunch app list.
    - Added "AOSLED No App (for custom actions only)" to iLaunch app list.
    - Added "AOSLED Paste Popup Reply Text 1-5" to iLaunch app list.
    - Added Battery temperature and Network Statistics to "Battery & Usage Monitor" reports.

Minor Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed "Battery & Usage Monitor" reports showing white screen for some users.
    - Fixed Discharge Rate miscalculation after device reboots in "Battery & Usage Monitor" reports.
    - Fixed Battery Charge Time not calculating for some users in "Battery & Usage Monitor" reports.
    - Fixed Screenshot vibration feature not working sometimes.
    - Fixed Paste custom action (Shift + Click) keys in iLaunch.
    - Fixed multilingual text not showing properly in BBM and email popups.
    - Fixed BBM popup hide text option.

So if you use Advance OS and LED as much as I do or even just a little keep an eye out for the update in BlackBerry App World. You should be seeing the update now or very soon as it has been approved by the App World people. If you still haven't heard of this app or just been waiting to give it a try download it from the link provided. As always Sultan has kept this incredible app FREE with no limitations or ads of any kind.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506

Last edited by jordan559; 10-01-12 at 01:09 PM.
    djenkins6 and Ben1232 like this.
    10-01-12 08:43 AM
    Tried the app a while ago and deleted it because of the bebuzz. Last week I went through the thread about it and yesterday I gave it another try. What can I say, now I have this app and several other apps don't live in my bb anymore. Even though it takes some time to figure out how to effectively use it (it took me about 30 minutes to figure it out) I am still exploring all the settings. One thing that makes this app "a must" for every bb user is a fact that this app gives you a real OPTION. Option to tune up your blackberry to the maximum! It's a great work!!! Well done.

The only problem I have is that I can't make it blinking the way I want for the incoming calls. I just want a blue-red multicolor but every time it just gives me red-only blink, that seems to be a regular bb led. Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks!
    10-01-12 10:08 AM
    This newest update is excellent... I was running and testing the beta since last week. Great additions!
    10-01-12 10:13 AM
    The only problem I have is that I can't make it blinking the way I want for the incoming calls. I just want a blue-red multicolor but every time it just gives me red-only blink, that seems to be a regular bb led. Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Did you remove BeBuzz? Also, did you set the incoming calls' LED in the default sound profile to none?
    Judge Dredd likes this.
    10-01-12 10:19 AM
    Anyone know how to make your own custom battery icons?
    10-01-12 10:20 AM
    Did you remove BeBuzz? Also, did you set the incoming calls' LED in the default sound profile to none?
    Thanks man! The bebuzz was removed so led to off mode solved the problem.
    10-01-12 10:37 AM

Thanks!
    this is a common issue, the problem is that the original ringtone LED overrides my apps ringtone LED, to solve this issue just open your phone's sound profiles, and turn OFF the LED for "Phone Ring Tone"

EDIT: lol, someone beat me to this answer
    10-01-12 10:39 AM
    If you mean how to enable customization of icons, then that would be inside the "Battery Notification" feature, but you probably know that already

so i guess your question might be where to place the icons in your phone, that would be inside your media > pictures, you will see all the icons displayed in a special folder "BatteryIcons" inside pictures, just replace the icons with new ones and make sure you keep the name of these files unchanged so my app can fetch them properly

if i totally misunderstood your question, and you were actually referring to how to create your own icons yourself, then there are two options; option 1: you are good with computer graphics and can draw your own, OR Option 2: you can find may icons on the web for free which are actually very good. the icons must be 32x32 ( height X width). or 42x42 for OS 7+ only.

hope this helps
    10-01-12 10:49 AM
    If you mean how to enable customization of icons, then that would be inside the "Battery Notification" feature, but you probably know that already

so i guess your question might be where to place the icons in your phone, that would be inside your media > pictures, you will see all the icons displayed in a special folder "BatteryIcons" inside pictures, just replace the icons with new ones and make sure you keep the name of these files unchanged so my app can fetch them properly

if i totally misunderstood your question, and you were actually referring to how to create your own icons yourself, then there are two options; option 1: you are good with computer graphics and can draw your own, OR Option 2: you can find may icons on the web for free which are actually very good. the icons must be 32x32 ( height X width). or 42x42 for OS 7+ only.

hope this helps
    Haha, thanks for the detailed response! Original question was the icon placement, but your response will aid me for the future when I find some time to make my own!

Well my first instinct was to check the pictures folder located on my SD card, but could not find them there. It was actually located on the device's memory... any way to get them to be pulled from the SD card instead? Not a big deal, just wondering why that location.

Also had another question about the "Battery Saving Mode". If I have no LED set for the Network status in the sound profiles and "LED Coverage Indicator" unchecked, what does "Ignore Network LED" do? Does it mean that the device is still consuming battery regardless of those two options and that your app's "Ignore Network LED" would correct that?
    10-01-12 11:04 AM

hope this helps
    Haha, thanks for the detailed response! Original question was the icon placement, but your response will aid me for the future when I find some time to make my own!

Well my first instinct was to check the pictures folder located on my SD card, but could not find them there. It was actually located on the device's memory... any way to get them to be pulled from the SD card instead? Not a big deal, just wondering why that location.

Also had another question about the "Battery Saving Mode". If I have no LED set for the Network status in the sound profiles and "LED Coverage Indicator" unchecked, what does "Ignore Network LED" do? Does it mean that the device is still consuming battery regardless of those two options and that your app's "Ignore Network LED" would correct that?
    Started a new thread with some icons I've converted..more to come
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aosled-747706/
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 10-01-12 at 11:27 AM.
    10-01-12 11:21 AM
    simply cause the majority of 9900 users dont have a memory card, and the icons file size is way to small to worry about the storage

good question but a bit technical, if you enable "Ignore Network LED", that would completely shut the apps ability to get battery info and network info, hence you will loose the battery monitor ability to check for charging time.and "battery notifications" and homescreen icons.

however, if you just disable the LEDs from the "LED and Ringtone" feature, then everything will still work normally

some users only download my app for basic LED capabilities, therefore battery saving mode makes sense to them
    dimm0k likes this.
    10-01-12 11:47 AM
    Battery icon does not change to charging icon until you open up AOS and go to battery notification. It also doesn’t change from charging to not charging as well.
    10-01-12 12:46 PM
    Battery icon does not change to charging icon until you open up AOS and go to battery notification. It also doesnít change from charging to not charging as well.

Just tested it and it seems your right, i will fix and update. but thats still shouldnt stop the normal icons from working

many thanks.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-01-12 12:55 PM
    Just tested it and it seems your right, i will fix and update. but thats still shouldnt stop the normal icons from working

many thanks.
    actually, it will change but after the battery level drops or increases by 1 or more, so it will take few minutes after charging state changes.

a fix to this minor bug will be ready in few minutes in the beta link, however, im sure many wont even notice it as its not a big issue
    10-01-12 02:05 PM
    actually, it will change but after the battery level drops or increases by 1 or more, so it will take few minutes after charging state changes.

a fix to this minor bug will be ready in few minutes in the beta link, however, im sure many wont even notice it as its not a big issue
    I noticed it changed after % changed... I would have caught it earlier if I changed the icons. Oh well.
    10-01-12 02:14 PM
    how to enable the home screen battery icon ???????????
    10-22-12 06:16 PM
    how to enable the home screen battery icon ???????????
    Just update my App to version 15.4.
    10-28-12 02:41 AM
    hey.. if i wanted to activate password locking feature by typing a shortcut key.. how can we do that with advance os and led?

please help
    01-20-13 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD