I was wondering if anyone has used this app yet and if was any good. I'm on my Curve alot and can use up a battery pretty easily. So something that saved it a little longer would be great.
    05-02-08 10:00 AM
    i have no idea about the app your refering to... but tbh i doubt it would work for your intended purpose. i would suggest just buying a longer life battery for your phone, or at least a backup battery so you can easily swap em out.

cheers
    05-02-08 11:00 AM
    I bought it when it comes out. Not working at all, can't install it. I got refund for it. Maybe since that time they correct the problems. Check it before you buy it. This way you will not have surprises.
    05-03-08 07:00 AM
    How does the software do that?
    05-03-08 11:06 AM
    don't waste your money!
    05-04-08 05:44 PM
    i just downloaded this app on my 8310. Hope it actually works.
    05-05-08 10:12 PM
    so did it work?
    03-26-09 01:04 PM
    Haha, like a year lateR

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 07:27 PM
    so.... does it?

All good.. Opened another thread earlier today regarding this app.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/im...fe-apps-191695
    03-26-09 08:02 PM
    Haha, like a year lateR

Indeed. People are going way back looking at some of these old threads.
    03-26-09 08:05 PM
    This thread thus far isnt really providing useful info though =/
    03-26-09 08:08 PM
    This thread thus far isnt really providing useful info though =/
    No, it is not. Nor, I predict, will it. The app the OP was referring to never actually worked if I remember correctly.
    03-26-09 08:12 PM
    Good to know. ty
    04-12-09 08:38 AM
    Ok, first useful post on this thread. I installed & tried this on my Storm when they offered half off. It runs fine. Watching MeterBerry's logs with my battery life with Battery Booster I had a battery drain of 4%/hour consistently when it was just sitting there. Without it (I uninstalled it to see what would happen), I get a battery drain of 5-6%/hour with the phone holstered & doing nothing.

So, my conclusion is that yes this does help conserve battery power somehow but probably not enough to make it worth the price tag.
    04-12-09 08:49 AM
    wow, so its actually works???
    04-13-09 06:19 AM
    So I downloaded this yesterday

Before I could not get a full day with my berry as I use it lots

I use:

GPS Nav
    Trapster
    Internet
    Tons of Text
    BB Messenger

It would either be dead or drained to low battery radio off

Gave my battery a full charge and installed app did what I usually do and battery is still at 50%

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU BUY THIS APP! Not sure how it works though

04-30-09 09:13 AM
    04-30-09 09:23 AM
    BatteryBooster seems to work fine for me. I just got it from the CrackBerry app store
    06-01-09 07:59 PM
    Me i have a charger everywhere the car home and at work never a dead battery.
    06-01-09 09:19 PM
    well, I found that the best way is to have an extra battery fully charged with me.

In my house the five of us carry BB phones, two Bolds, two 8330 and one 8320 (well my older son just replaced his 8320 with a 8900 so I bought an extra battery and charger for him because it is a different shape battery).

Pros:
    1) We don't have to relay on a plugged charger.
    2) Always have enough juice
    3) Extend the battery life by using it untill fully depleted, keep in a mind a battery has a numbered charging cycle no matter if you charge it when the battery is at half or depleted.
    4) Cleaning the memory when doing a full reboot after replacing the depleted battery.
    5) Extending the life of the mini USB phone port which is quite fragile and expensive to replace

Cons:
    1) Higher initial expense
    2) Have to carry the extra battery in my pant or wife's purse.

I just taked with my wife a 20 day trip through Spain and Portugal in a organized tour, carried two phones as to keep in touch with our kids and it was a life saver because we didn't have lighter plugs on the seats of the bus and each night we were sleeping on another city.

In Europe, traveling on a organized tour requires to carry only one small luggage per person and as lightest as possible so both of our phones were Bolds (which you know very well to be battery suckers) and I removed the spare battery charger section of my OEM Bold dock which I leaved at home, and carried only one battery charger for both phones, that allowed us to leave the charger with a backup battery on it plugged every night in the hotel room, allowing it to be fully charged when we returned to sleep after going out for a walk or dinner. ( keep in mind that many hotels in Europe are energy saving freaks and when you get in the room, you have to insert your room key card in a special socket and leave it there to power up the the heating, lights and socket plugs so we have to leave on of our two keys on it to power the charger when out, and YES we turned off all lights and the air condition)

Then I replaced the depleted phone battery with a fully charged on any of the Bolds and charged the other one when sleeping.

Keep in mind that when passing mountains some times we didn't have signal and of course the phones wasted battery at a faster pace.

FYI Portugal's 3G network coverage is waaaay better than Spain. We had 80% of the time 3G coverage in Portugal on the country roads against Spain which had GPRS most of the time in the country and 3G in the cities.

Our test was quite acurate since my wife and I have different home providers (and that's why we carried two phones instead of one because we didn't know which one would be better) so during roaming we didn't share the same Portugal and Spain providers and results were quite similar on both phones.
    Last edited by robmir; 06-05-09 at 10:33 PM.
    06-05-09 04:12 AM
    I personally think that no app can save battery life. The best way to save battery life is switching to 2G (GPRS). If your watching videos or podcasting then switched back to 3G. I only go to 3G for applications streaming. I hope this helps. If not, go for the 1600mah battery.
    08-22-09 03:07 AM
    totally sucked for me. no improvement whatsoever.
    08-22-09 03:58 AM
    Makes no sense to think that an app can give you more battery life than you can get yourself by altering settings. Presumably battery booster will make alterations in your settings which can be either beneficial to what your settings were before or not. Alternately, it may change them after the phone is idle for a certain period. Even more likely is the placebo effect.

Also wanted to make a correction:

3) Extend the battery life by using it untill fully depleted, keep in a mind a battery has a numbered charging cycle no matter if you charge it when the battery is at half or depleted.
    Not true. There is no preestablished number of charges for the battery because this number will vary depending on how well you take care of it. Keeping your battery fully charged and not letting it drop below 50% or so is the best thing you can do to prolong its life, while letting it discharge completely with each use will guarantee the shortest lifespan possible. You can top off charges whenever you like and leaving it on the charger when full is not a problem. This is true for any lithium ion battery and this information can be easily found online.
    Last edited by ChaoticKinesis; 09-08-09 at 12:58 AM.
    09-08-09 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD