I dont know if there is an app out there for this but i think bb users in the san francisco bay area could use a bart train schedule and map app to help plan out your trip to the city, baseball games, concerts, etc. if there isnt an app id love to learn how to make one, and or help make one.
    01-05-09 02:25 AM
    Google Maps Mobile can do this sort of thing, but I agree. The people behind 511.org should put together an app like this.

But if you know where you're starting and where you're going, you can get Google Maps Mobile to plot out a trip using public transit, which works quite well in the bay area.
    01-05-09 10:38 AM
    An app would be nice, but there is a mobile web version that seems to do the trick:

bart.gov/wireless

I use the mobile web version for the Washington DC MTA and it seems to work fine, although an app would be more polished and wouldn't require to load the browser.
    01-05-09 12:41 PM
    from their website:

If you browse the web on a mobile device like a phone or PDA, you can get the latest BART service advisories, estimated arrivals times, scheduled trip plans and more anytime you've got a signal.

Just point your mobile browser to bart.gov/wireless then save the URL as a "favorite" for quick reference when you're on the go.

How is this different from the BART QuickPlanner downloads?
    BART's wireless website features "real time" information about the BART system without any special downloads. The BART PDA and iPod QuickPlanners offer more limited functionality in downloadable applications that don't need a wireless connection.

What does it look like?
    Because most mobile devices have display limitations, BART has created special web pages with fewer images, less text and simple formatting that can be displayed by most mobile web browsers. Your device might show things a little differently, but click here see a working example.

How do I know if my mobile device can handle web browsing?
    Look at your owner's manual, scroll through menus looking for "Web Browser" or "Services" or check with your wireless service provider to find out.

I think you might be better off getting a launcher made from that person (search on here) and then going to their website since it gives more up to date information....
    01-05-09 12:42 PM

I think you might be better off getting a launcher made from that person (search on here) and then going to their website since it gives more up to date information....
    Or you could just make it a bookmark?
    01-05-09 12:46 PM
    ^^^ yup that would work just fine too..launcher would be one less step but hey, whatever is preference.
    01-05-09 12:51 PM
    I had an app for BART on the Android (that I only kept for 2 weeks because I hated it)
    It was great...showed the times, dates, maps and what line you need to get on. Plus maps...it was super easy to use.
    05-08-10 07:09 PM
    I have a small BART application called iBartNow which gives you real time estimated times of departure and a BART map in this release. Here is the url [HTML]http://www.ibartnow.com/[/HTML] - give it a try - catch your train on time
    05-03-12 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD