I'll be posting tips and helpful information about the BB6 version of Barcode Assistant in this thread. There are a few differences between the BB6 and 5.0 versions, so I'll have a separate thread for that version.

SCANNING:

The biggest difference in how BB6 handle barcode scanning. With BB6, RIM opened up a whole new way handle scanning. Barcode Assistant takes advantage of the new automated system.

To scan a barcode, press the Scan button in the application, or choose "Scan Barcode" from the menu (the menu option is also available in the web browser, address book, tasks, and calendar). The capture scren will display and start to search for a barcode. Once it finds one it processes it automatically - no other buttons need to be pushed.

I have found that there are times when it can't read the image. The most common issue has been being too close to the image for the camera to focus. Also, you'll notice the LED flashes red while actively scanning. If the LED stops flashing, there are usually two reasons why:

• The image is too close for the camera to scan.
    • The camera doesn't see any movement.

The best way to get a reliable scan is to start about 6" away from the image, then slowly move the BlackBerry away from the image.

Note: I don't believe the Curve 93xx camera has autofocus. To help with better scans, ake sure the image looks in focus on the screen.
    Last edited by Apodidae; 11-22-10 at 07:20 PM.
    11-22-10 06:35 PM
    Hi, is there any import feature for os 6?

Say i have a barcode picture file?

Thanks.
    08-02-11 11:49 PM
    Hi, I've had to remove this app from my BB 9300 Curve as it installs unwanted menu items(Scan Barcode and Read Barcode) to my Calendar menu which freezes the Curve if used (camera malfunctions when scan barcode menu item is used, Read Barcode Menu Item simply doesn't work but again,freezes the Curve) An option to not install theses menu items would help as this app REALLY affected the Calendar App (unable to use reoccuring feature, lost entries etc.) Love the UI and app btu this was too much of a setback so I had to remove the app,a shame.

All the best,
    Canadian Dave
    Last edited by canadiandave; 10-26-11 at 06:06 PM.
    10-26-11 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD