12-22-10 05:33 PM
28 12
tools
    I want to thank you for this App, it works really well. There is one thing that I would like to request to add, and that is the ability to create just plain text to a barcode. For example, something like "Have a great day!" My friend could then scan it, and it read back to him "Have a great day!" My friend has an iphone that has an app that allows him to create just text to be read. Thanks!
    12-21-10 03:48 PM
    I actually have most of that set up already (creating basic messages). It should be something I can add pretty quickly. One of the things I was working on is the ability to save those messages to MemoPad, or at least make them copyable.

Right now, I'm working on a way to make the 5.0 version scan like the BB6 version does. It's really nice how the BB6 APIs give access to the BBM scanning method. Those routines don't exist in 5.0 or earlier, so I have to create my own routine. The biggest issue has been dealing with non-autofocus devices (Curves) and getting images to be in focus. Hopefully I'll be able to do away with the camera click method in 5.0 in the next update.

I created my own barcode creation routine almost a year ago when I started putting the idea for the app together. That code is implemented in both the 5.0 version and BB6 version (instead of using RIM's method). My code allows barcodes to now be in color, and seems to resize more accurately for different screen resolutions as well.
    12-22-10 04:36 PM
    Hey I booted it up from the options while the browser was open, and I had to do a bat pull to close it.
    9650 OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 05:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD