I have a Curve 8520 and was wondering if I am able to read QR codes, even though I haven't found a good app for that yet. I don't see many of those codes about and would rather a regular straight lined barcode reader but I'm unsure if my model supports them.
    12-06-10 07:41 AM
    Blackberry messenger and the Blackberry App World have built-in QR code readers. There is also the standalone app QR Code Reader that you can download from the app world. All three work pretty good. As far as a straight line code reader, I haven't found one either, but let me know if you come across a good one.
    12-06-10 08:23 AM
    I use scanlife, it works pretty flawless once you learn the range of scanning codes. It is available in app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 09:46 AM
    Sccope is a great UPC (the codes you'd scan at the checkout in the grocery store) reader, if that's what you mean, but it's only *technically* available in US and UK, but I'd managed to download it despite that... If you want I can search for the link.

edit to add: I found the link, I downloaded it from crackberry!
    SCCOPE US - CRACKBERRY EDITOR'S CHOICE WINNER 2010 - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by Jean-luc_Picard; 12-06-10 at 12:37 PM.
    rcalderaro likes this.
    12-06-10 12:35 PM
    Sccope is a great UPC (the codes you'd scan at the checkout in the grocery store) reader, if that's what you mean, but it's only *technically* available in US and UK, but I'd managed to download it despite that... If you want I can search for the link.

edit to add: I found the link, I downloaded it from crackberry!
    SCCOPE US - CRACKBERRY EDITOR'S CHOICE WINNER 2010 - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a barcode reader that works on my Torch. This was very easy to use too.
    12-06-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD