i downloaded the latest version of the BofA app and whenever i log on using the app (or even going through www*bofa*mobi the browser would go to a page saying that i'm unable to log on. i know it's been happening to other users...has there been a solution to this one? please let me know! i tried calling BofA but they can't help me much. i have a feeling that it's a security setting that's a default on the Storm that blocks me from logging in correctly.
    03-10-09 04:58 PM
    so far i have not found a single solution that works. all that bofa told me to do was clear my cache, reinstall the app, do a battery pull, and lastly, try to use the direct link to their mobile site. none of them worked!

HELP!!!
    03-12-09 03:19 AM
    i downloaded the BofA app, but it never worked for me.. so i just deleted it.

i figured that the ATM feature you do through google maps and you can do online banking straight through your browser.
    03-12-09 08:05 AM
    it works fine for me. with all the os leaks ive used no problems
    03-12-09 08:46 AM
    banking thru browser won't work either. app's not completely useless as it lets me find ATMs and such, but can't log on their site. do you think it has something to do with my location? i wonder if it works depending on the state you're in. i'm in california and so far i haven't heard anyone from my state complaining. i've heard of the ones from Idaho(?) anyway, i still need help. bofa can't seem to help me, and verizon just kept on referring me to bofa.

i'm getting really p!$$ed! hmp...
    03-14-09 03:22 AM
    Have you thought about accessing BoA this way from your phone instead of using the app?

https://www.bankofamerica.com/mobile/
    03-14-09 03:27 AM
    that's the other option that I tried. my friend just bought a new storm herself and i told her to try both ways, without altering anything on the phone, and not surprisingly, her phone can't access the site as well! i wonder what's really going on?! maybe it's just for people from southern california that's having this problem?
    03-15-09 10:17 PM
    I have the application and have not had any issues with it; I am currently logged without incident.
    03-16-09 07:58 AM
    but that's the thing. i see that you're from North Carolina, and that's probably why. so far no one from California has responded to my post in regards to this problem. i need someone from SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA to tell me if their app / direct mobile site access has been giving them problems like me and my friend does.

no offense, really. thank you very much for your input though. it just goes to show that other states are not having problems...just us here at sucky SoCal.

ugh...
    03-16-09 01:42 PM
    My bad, I did not realize the problem was California specific.
    03-16-09 02:05 PM
    (to shortman) no worries dude...i should have been specific in my thread. anyway i just called verizon, and they can't seem to get it resolved either. he's going to start a thread in the company's list of problems, and hopefully they can resolve it that way. it seems to me that this is a hard one to deal with, as we are dealing with three different companies -- Bank of America's, Blackberry's, and Verizon's. the one thing i don't get is BofA lets other states through, and of all the states that it would mess up on, it's California...sucks...
    03-16-09 04:58 PM
    The problem is probably the result of the banking system in certain areas of California, along with Washington and Idaho being different than the rest of the US. The following is according to another user while I was helping someone figure out a similar problem. There are three types of account system, Northwest, California and Model. The app was designed for the Model banking system. It is already stated on the BofA website that the app doesn't work for the Northwest system, which is Washington and Idaho. This is because those states are still using the SeaFirst banking system even after they were taken over by BofA. Since California is on it's own system, some of the areas don't have the same online capabilities as the model system. The result of this is the app not working like you are seeing. The only thing that I can recommend is for you to go to your closest BofA and ask what online capabilities are available for your area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 08:32 PM
    ArmaK, this is the best response, to get to the bottom of what may be going on, that I've read!
    03-16-09 08:39 PM
    Hate to even say this, but as bad as things are at B of A (yes, corp HQ is in my backyard) maybe no one is working on any sort of mobile technology anyway! Sorry, someone had to say it.

03-16-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD