i want to download the app but when i go there ota it says im not using a blackberry. does it not work for the storm?
    01-10-09 10:07 PM
    i want to download the app but when i go there ota it says im not using a blackberry. does it not work for the storm?
    The application does not work with the storm yet and I don't know if they are working on it. You can either use the launcher created by phikai (http://edlindustries.com/launchers/bofa/bofa.jad) or you can go to the site directly from your browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 10:32 PM
    Is there a app for the curve? I went to there site on my phone and all I get is the mobile banking. I don't see any ota link or anything.

01-10-09 10:50 PM
    Is there a app for the curve? I went to there site on my phone and all I get is the mobile banking. I don't see any ota link or anything.

I forget the link to the app, but here is the launcher.

http://mobilebanking.bankofamerica.c...eBanking42.jad

Last edited by ArmaK; 01-11-09 at 02:57 AM.
    01-11-09 02:52 AM

I found it. From your BB Browser go to:

http://mobilebanking.bankofamerica.com/bb/

01-11-09 03:02 AM
    It seems that BoA was working on an updated app for the storm. I just checked their page and they updated it yesterday. When I first installed it, it was giving me an error called ArticInterface:Format: RE out of memory. What I did was do a quickpull and the app booted right up when I tried it.

The updated link from the site is:
    http://mobilebanking.bankofamerica.com/bbapp

01-11-09 03:15 AM
    This isn't working for me - I keep getting the following error message:

"This download is only available on the BlackBerry Device. Please click here for more information on downloading the BlackBerry Mobile Banking application.

Then I get a screen-pop error message reading:

HTTP Error 404: Not Found
    The page you are trying to load could not be found. Please try loading a different page.

The "here" link is an information page only.

EDIT - refreshing the page prompts the app download.
    Last edited by Sosai X; 01-11-09 at 05:11 AM.
    01-11-09 05:07 AM
    Thanks for posting that up!
    01-11-09 12:07 PM
    Doesn't work for me. Still gives me the Out of Memory error (even after pulling the battery)
    01-11-09 12:27 PM
    Well crap spoke to soon. When I launch the app I am getting

"Uncaught Exception:
    Articinterface:Format:
    RE Out of Memory
    01-11-09 12:27 PM
    I works for me, I downloaded version 0.103. However, the "Mobile Banking Sign In" button just launches the BoA website.
    01-11-09 01:06 PM
    Doesn't work for me. Still gives me the Out of Memory error (even after pulling the battery)
    Well crap spoke to soon. When I launch the app I am getting

"Uncaught Exception:
    Articinterface:Format:
    RE Out of Memory
    That is the error I got when I first downloaded the app. I was surprised when I saw this because I had 46 MB of App memory available. What I did was a quickpull and clicked on the app again and it started to work right away. I've only used it a couple of times since I wrote that it was working but I haven't seen the problem come back yet.

01-11-09 01:13 PM
    It seems that BoA was working on an updated app for the storm. I just checked their page and they updated it yesterday. When I first installed it, it was giving me an error called ArticInterface:Format: RE out of memory. What I did was do a quickpull and the app booted right up when I tried it.

The updated link from the site is:
    http://mobilebanking.bankofamerica.com/bbapp

Sweet. I'll check this out. I was hoping they'd do something. I was getting tired of having to go to the mobile site.
    01-11-09 03:13 PM
    Awww....that's chessy. All it does is take you to the mobile site. Fancy launcher is all. What a waste of space.
    Last edited by cocruxified; 01-11-09 at 03:36 PM.
    01-11-09 03:31 PM
    Actually the Locations thing is pretty cool. It uses your GPS to find nearby banking centers. Not to shabby. The whole Locations section is pretty intuitive. Hopefully they'll work on something to replace the Sign-In
    Last edited by cocruxified; 01-11-09 at 03:43 PM.
    01-11-09 03:38 PM
    I get a message:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerExcepton

How do correct this?
    Thanks.
    01-22-09 01:26 PM
    I get a message:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerExcepton

How do correct this?
    Thanks.
    Edit the default permissions for the device(Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Highlight BofA>BB key> Edit Default Permissions). Set them all to allow and then do a battery pull.

01-22-09 05:06 PM
    I installed the app and it worked right away. As far as pointing to the browser, the iphone version did/does the same thing. It is a convenience key/icon and that is fine with me. Sometimes it is easier. Any functions on a blackberry and I am happy. STORM apps will be in abundance soon.
    01-22-09 10:29 PM
    Okay So I really really want to have this app because I always want to know how much I have in my account, but it won't let me download it.

Its kind of starting to get on my nerves. Every time I try to download the app it tells me that its "only for blackberry devices." I've tried putting the URL in the browser, I've tried following the URL from the reply to my text message with "blackberry" in the subject. I've tried setting the browser to blackberry and not firefox or internet explorer. I've tried battery pulls and trying again, etc.

If anyone knows why I can't download this and how to fix it, tell me. If anyone has the .jad of the app that they can just email me, post on here, or whatever, that works, too. Either way I want this app on my phone!

UPDATE: So I set browser to blackberry, THEN did a battery pull, then sent the text and followed the link to the app download and it finally worked. If its not working for anyone else, try this.
    Last edited by poopieboy; 01-24-09 at 10:33 PM.
    01-24-09 10:30 PM
    I actually got the app to download on 1/26. BUT, an End User License Agreement screen pops up. Scroll down to the button of the screen and there is an I Agree button and a Cancel button. When I try to tap the I Agree button, it won't accept it. A mini menu pops up at the very bottom of the screen asking me if I want to Switch Applications or if I want the Full Menu. It does this everytime I press the I Agree or the Cancel button.
    01-28-09 06:26 AM
    About two weeks ago my bank of america app quit working on my curve 8330. I keep getting an error message saying that the app only work on certain blackberry browsers. I have had this app sience I bought the phone now it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone tell me why?
    07-29-10 10:31 AM
    About two weeks ago my bank of america app quit working on my curve 8330. I keep getting an error message saying that the app only work on certain blackberry browsers. I have had this app sience I bought the phone now it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone tell me why?
    my icon app stoped working on my tour to.

Bank of America made changes to their server and thats when we started to have trouble.
    07-31-10 02:34 PM
    my icon app stopped working on my tour to.

Bank of America made changes to their server and thats when we started to have trouble.
    i just got off the phone with Bank Of America customer support and got no help at all they said Bank Of America didn't have any one to trouble shoot the mobile website. i told them that a lot of BlackBerry users were having trouble getting onto the mobile site and the guy said sorry we can't help you unless you are on a computer. that is just sorry of bank of America not to offer support. we need to contact some one higher in the company to get some help so if you know some one please contact them this is ********.

here is the latest when i try to log on to bank of america regular site / for security reasons your device can't access mobile banking. two weeks ago i didn't have any trouble getting onto the Mobile site this is crazy.
    Last edited by jerry12; 07-31-10 at 03:42 PM.
    07-31-10 03:11 PM
    Just tried it on my Storm 1 and it worked fine.
    07-31-10 07:13 PM
    On Sunday I also started getting this message instead of the login screen (the app basically just steers you to bofa.mobi). Called BoA who was of no help; however, did discover from googling around that if you change the emulation mode to Internet Explorer or Pocket IE instead of Blackberry (in Browser, select Options, Browser Configuration, Emulation Mode) that you can then login again. No changes were made to my phone over software since Saturday.
    08-31-10 07:33 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD