I have reinstalled the new ubertwitter app several times now on my 8330 and it still freezes my phone up. It's also like every other app on my phone freezes it up as well like...WTF! I really don't understand. Any ideas?
    09-05-10 04:33 AM
    What OS are you running? Type 'myver' and click space in your reply and that will be displayed automatically. Click Options, Status, Copy your File Free information and add that. That imformation will be helpful in diagnosis of the problem. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 04:39 AM
    I'm running 4.5.0.77 and I'll try that.
    09-05-10 04:47 AM
    What OS are you running? Type 'myver' and click space in your reply and that will be displayed automatically. Click Options, Status, Copy your File Free information and add that. That imformation will be helpful in diagnosis of the problem. Thanks!

How should I be able to type this in? It's not working in sms
    09-05-10 04:55 AM
    Click the Options Icon, Select Status, scroll to your File Free information, click the shift key and scroll to highlight the #, click Menu>Copy. When you reply, Menu>Paste.

That information would help determine if you are low on memory, if that could be why you are freezing up regularly. Do you have a large # of apps on the Curve? A large backlog of old messages? All of these things help determine why a device runs below optimal.

If memory is an issue, can help substantially.

09-05-10 05:16 AM
    My memory is good. I'm just puzzled about typing in the "myver" part tho.
    09-05-10 05:26 AM
    Typing the word myver and clicking space does this 9630/5.0.0.624. I apologize, I put the apostrophes up and that nullifies the AutoText execution. That's what I get for being up this early in the morning.

09-05-10 05:41 AM
    I had A LOT of issues with 4.5.0.77 on my curve. It was so bad, that I had to downgrade to an earlier relase. I'd start with going to a new release of 4.5.
    4.5.0.186 worked very well for me.

-M
    09-05-10 08:00 AM
    I had A LOT of issues with 4.5.0.77 on my curve. It was so bad, that I had to downgrade to an earlier relase. I'd start with going to a new release of 4.5.
    4.5.0.186 worked very well for me.

-M
    Hmm....well I haven't even updated mine yet.
    09-06-10 05:42 AM
    .186 was the last OS on my 8330 and worked beautifully for me. .77 definitely had some issues, and didn't work with later versions of BBM, either. .131 wasn't too bad, but had a couple of quirks. .175 had the loss of Ringtones issue where sound could only be restored by a battery pull.

09-06-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD