Hey all,

So I think I backed up my third party apps correctly. It took me awhile, but I followed the directions found right here on CrackBerry. Just one question for you...I have a folder now with my pin number with the third party apps (including WordToGo, which I don't use) Is this the folder of my backups? Also, can I delete WordToGo, or should I leave it alone?

Also, something really weird happened. After I was done, Desktop Manager froze on my computer and I disconnected my BB from the USB port. The connections were off, is this normal? Everything seems to be working fine now, I turned the connections back on, it could have been a DM problem since it did freeze...

Thanks!
    Last edited by BerrySky; 08-08-09 at 09:09 PM.
    08-08-09 09:07 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why is it necessary to back up apps, can't you just reinstall them from the downloaded files?
    08-08-09 09:18 PM
    Hey all,

So I think I backed up my third party apps correctly. It took me awhile, but I followed the directions found right here on CrackBerry. Just one question for you...I have a folder now with my pin number with the third party apps (including WordToGo, which I don't use) Is this the folder of my backups? Also, can I delete WordToGo, or should I leave it alone?

Also, something really weird happened. After I was done, Desktop Manager froze on my computer and I disconnected my BB from the USB port. The connections were off, is this normal? Everything seems to be working fine now, I turned the connections back on, it could have been a DM problem since it did freeze...

Thanks!
    Anyone there?
    08-08-09 09:50 PM
    You can use DM to remove D2G from your BB if you want by using the Application Loader wizard and unchecking the D2G in the list of apps to be installed to your BB.

Similarly, if you ever do a restore from the 3rd party backup .alx file, you will be presented with a list of apps to be restored to your BB. Uncheck what you do not wish to load on your BB before clicking on Next.

If everything seems to be working ok on your BB now, don't worry about it.
    08-08-09 09:56 PM
    Very good! Thanks Xliderider!! So I guess all I need to complete the restore of my 3rd party apps was that folder with my pin number as the name, right? Nothing else? I created a folder on my computer with a backup of my berry and now I have that folder as well with my 3rd party apps.
    08-08-09 10:01 PM
    Yes, you are good to go.

If you ever need to restore your third party apps, it is just like loading an app/theme using DM's Application Loader. Browse to that folder, highlight the pin.alx file and click on Open.
    08-08-09 10:25 PM
    Thank you Xliderider, you have a nickname I can call you? It's hard to type your name each time hahaha
    08-09-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD