Hi all!

Noobie here ... hope you all are doing well.

Is there a downloadable app that can tell you which apps are running in the background (and then you can shut them off)? I went on a downloading frenzy and got some cools apps, but they are just draining my battery!

Thanks!

-Corey
    07-25-09 07:57 AM
    Well if you have the newer OS on your phone then all you have to do is hold down the blackberry button and it will show you what apps are currently running.

If not you can go to the menu by pressing the blackberry button and the scrolling down to "switch application" from there you can see what apps are running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 08:09 AM
    yeh .. no need for an app .. just upgrade your os and hold the "blackberry logo" menu button
    07-25-09 09:52 AM
    yeh .. no need for an app .. just upgrade your os and hold the "blackberry logo" menu button
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I have no idea how to update my OS ... it says I am running 4.6.0.167 Where do I go to upgrade and how do I do it (remember - I'm a BB virgin, so be gentle! )
    07-25-09 10:51 AM
    If you go into Keyboard/Screen options menu, you can configure either the left or right side convenience key for "Application Switcher".
    Once you do that, simply press the convenience key and you'll get a pop-up with a list of running applications. The following applications will always stay running: Blackberry Messenger, Messages, Home Screen, Browser and Phone. If there's anything else, simply highlighted it and click on the trackball to switch to it.
    Once you're in the application, click on the menu button and exit (or close) out of that application.
    If your battery is draining pretty fast than try reducing the back light (also found in the keyboard/screen options). I set mine to 10 which is bright enough for me. Turning off WiFi will also help.
    07-25-09 01:59 PM
    The task switcher does not show all the running applications, applications can hide themselves from the switcher.
    07-25-09 02:09 PM
    Hit your convenience key (button on the left side of your Bold) and it will show running apps then just click into them, hit your blackberry button to bring up the menu and close them.
    07-25-09 02:18 PM
    You can also hit "alt" and the back button to the right of the trackball. That will give you a list of open apps, too.
    07-25-09 03:05 PM
    Simple...Just close the apps when you are done using them.
    07-25-09 03:14 PM
    Thank you all!
    07-25-09 03:35 PM
    Simple...Just close the apps when you are done using them.
    I noticed my browser and BB Messenger always show in the application switcher even if I close them from the menu. Is there a a way to actually close them?
    07-25-09 05:26 PM
    Open it, click on your name at the top, then it will show 'available' or 'busy', click 'busy' and close it.
    07-25-09 09:10 PM
    I noticed my browser and BB Messenger always show in the application switcher even if I close them from the menu. Is there a a way to actually close them?
    There 5 app you will NEVER will be able to close, Browser, Phone, BBM, Home Screen, and Messages. Those apps will always be running and can NEVER be closed. Other than those apps you can close any app running in the background.

07-25-09 09:17 PM
    There 5 app you will NEVER will be able to close, Browser, Phone, BBM, Home Screen, and Messages. Those apps will always be running and can NEVER be closed. Other than those apps you can close any app running in the background.

Thanks, it was bothering me that I could not close them.
    07-26-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD