There is a program that you can download for Palm and MS OS's called Contraction Monitor.

It allows you to monitor you're wife's contractions and tracks it so when you get to the hospital it's all there for the doc's to look at!

I tried to see if BB had something similar as I would think it would...

Does anyone know of any programs that allow me to record contractions, or any other pregnancy stats??

Thanks!

Jay
    09-28-08 10:01 PM
    No clue on the program but it sounds like congrats are in order here.
    09-28-08 10:30 PM
    No clue on the program but it sounds like congrats are in order here.
    Yea thanks! My wife is due in December... We had to do the whole In Vitro thing to get pregnant so it's been a long time coming!
    09-28-08 11:08 PM
    Bump!!!!

Anyone??
    09-30-08 04:21 PM
    Wow, that's a pretty crazy program. I'm not sure if there is any program out there like that now, but I can't imagine something like that being too tough. If I had more time I'd look into it.. maybe someone nice can whip something up.
    09-30-08 05:00 PM
    congrats! though i havent seen a 'woman's health' app like that before
    09-30-08 05:52 PM
    Yea, here is the program that is available for the Palm

Best PALM Software - Contraction Timer v2.12.3

It's basically what I'm looking for!
    09-30-08 09:40 PM
    What about trying out one of the form generator software apps? You can create your own little form/database to suit your needs. Dont know if it will help but wont hurt to have a look.

Check out the shop and there are 2 or 3 custom form generators to trial.

Regards
    10-01-08 04:38 AM
    Oh yeah congrats too! I just had my first baby a month ago
    10-01-08 04:38 AM
    I was worried when I read the subject of this thread...I'm just glad there's no software out there that makes a baby!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 04:56 AM
    I was worried when I read the subject of this thread...I'm just glad there's no software out there that makes a baby!

Or is there?........mwahahah!
    10-01-08 05:06 AM
    This was a life saver for my wife and I. I wrote it because a friend said it is impossible to do the contraction timings at 3am after two nights of no sleep!

I wrote this free application in javascript to fit on my BlackBerry screen.

(oh, for some reason this forum won't let me post a URL unless I make 10 postings first. Maybe this is a form of spam prevention. I'm not spamming.)

www3 (dot)
    telus (dot)
    net
    /starthere
    /contractions
    /timer.html

(and yes, that is "www3", no typo) If someone has the ability to post the above URL, please do this for me. Thank you.
    02-03-09 12:11 PM
    02-03-09 12:15 PM
    Congrats to you and your wife. Whatever happened to the good
    old days when people just had babies without the intervention of
    technology.
    02-03-09 12:34 PM
    I remember when my first one was on the way. At that time there wasn't much out there for the 286 personal computer but there was one program that let you track and chart progress and we were both very excited to follow along and read the progress details, etc. Anyone else we showed this to was like... a polite but distinct... h o hummmm. So, I think, the technology can enhance the personal experience a lot without getting in the way but that would be up to each couple.

Maybe that lady with the octuplets needed a program to extrapolate and show her how much free time she might have over the next eighteen years or so...
    02-03-09 01:10 PM

Or is there?........mwahahah!
    There is...it's called Mobile Bartender.
    02-03-09 01:38 PM
    I tried using the contraction program for my blackberry... but its not working. I can't see the clock and clicking on the start/stop button does nothing.

And btw... I'm due in less than 60 days, have had some early pre-labor contrax, nothing to be worried about, but my husband and I both have a Curve 8330 and this program would be awesome.

Please let me know if possible!!!

Thanks,
    Anna
    02-15-09 09:00 PM
    Somewhere in the U.K.; Alfie and his baby momma are asking the same question the original poster did.

Oh wait...the original poster said she's seeking a program for a BlackBerry; not for a pre-pay Kyocera. Nevermind.
    02-15-09 11:49 PM
    Sorry to bump this thread back up after it has been dead for a while, but if anybody out there knows where I can find a BB contraction timer, I'd be deeply grateful. I had a dad using one a few months back (before I got my Berry) and I could have sworn he was using it on a Storm. Unfortunately, memory loss is a side effect of sleep deprivation, so I can't remember which dad it was or if he really was on a BB.

I'm sure an app like this sounds goofy to folks who don't work with birthing moms, but it isn't. I try to keep my moms up and moving around instead of strapped to monitors, but I still have to have some sense of how frequent contractions are and whether or not I need to have mom try something different to pick up the pace. And if I'm huddled on the bathroom floor while she's on a birthing ball in the shower, the clock just isn't where I need it to be. As for watches, I don't wear them anymore; they tend to die during waterbirths.

TMI, right?
    05-14-09 10:23 AM
    Sorry to bump this thread back up after it has been dead for a while, but if anybody out there knows where I can find a BB contraction timer, I'd be deeply grateful. I had a dad using one a few months back (before I got my Berry) and I could have sworn he was using it on a Storm. Unfortunately, memory loss is a side effect of sleep deprivation, so I can't remember which dad it was or if he really was on a BB.

I'm sure an app like this sounds goofy to folks who don't work with birthing moms, but it isn't. I try to keep my moms up and moving around instead of strapped to monitors, but I still have to have some sense of how frequent contractions are and whether or not I need to have mom try something different to pick up the pace. And if I'm huddled on the bathroom floor while she's on a birthing ball in the shower, the clock just isn't where I need it to be. As for watches, I don't wear them anymore; they tend to die during waterbirths.

TMI, right?

09-22-09 01:48 PM
    I am looking for contraction monitor for BB 8830 as well. Were you able to find one?

09-22-09 01:49 PM
    Contraction Calc
    http(colon)//contractioncalc(dot)com/blackberry_app(dot)html

My wife is due in about four weeks. So this is a great find.

Found this after search the internet for days. As far as I can see the Tour is not supported but the Bold, Curve, and Storm are. I sent them an email to ask about support for the Tour and am waiting for a reply. When I get one I will let you all know.

(received email today confirming the Tour is supported) I bought the app and I think this is going to be a great thing.
    Last edited by wajical; 11-06-09 at 10:00 AM. Reason: (update)
    11-04-09 10:10 AM
    hello wajical,

spooky i just posted a question about this contraction calc timer as my wife has seen on another baby forum, I wanted to know if fellow crackberrians had bought it and if it loaded & works ok. Would appreciate if you could let me know as our baby is due in late december. The cost is just a couple of dollars, but just wanted your thoughts. Thanks
    11-12-09 02:16 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but if anyone is still looking for a contraction timer, I just released one. I was inspired to design this app following the hectic labour of my third son. As a BlackBerry user, I thought there had to be an easier way and set out to create an app that eases one pain of labour.

When you use BirthBerry, timing labour contractions is just a click away. No more messing with stopwatches, paper and pens. Press any key to start and stop the timer. BirthBerry will calculate all the stats you need, like the average length of your contractions, how far apart they are, and how long you've been in labour. BirthBerry will also allow you to setup phone calls or send emails/text messages as your labour progresses to the people who need to know. And when your baby does arrive, you can use BirthBerry to send a quick birth announcement with all the relevant stats to the contacts you specify.

Please visit my website at BabyBerry: BlackBerry Apps for Moms and More for more information, to see screen shots and a demo.
    Last edited by Jen_BabyBerryApps; 03-15-10 at 10:49 PM. Reason: added URL
    03-12-10 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD