i know this is everyones #1 app, so it must be for good reason

sell me on this app my brothers, i feel like im missing out on blackberry goodness by not having it.

but i just dont see the need of having everything binded to keys, especially on the torch where i would have to pull up the keyboard when i can just as easily tilt into landscape mode and access anything very quickly

isnt it hard to remember whats bound to what?

does it do other things im not aware of?
    02-22-11 12:07 PM
    I have Quicklaunch and love it. This app does way more than just easily lauch apps. You don't need to assign keys if you have a touchscreen phone. Check out NikkiSoft website for a list of some of the uses for this app.

NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    02-22-11 12:22 PM
    QuickLaunch, this application is a MUST HAVE for any BlackBerry device!!! It allows you to run any application or task via one icon which you can place on your desktop and setup shortcuts for it, additionally, it comes with a weather application built in as well, a screen capture utility incase you wanted to show your screen to someone, a torch application that actually works, and a battery pull simulator to help you easily restart your device without actually removing the battery.

A new very very useful feature that was recently incorporated into QuickLaunch is AutoFill no needto type in your userame or email or password over and over again. When you are in a text field (pass, email, username, etc,) just hit the menu button, then QL AUTOFILL, then select the field that you want, and TADA, you have that text automatically entered for you.

Price: $4.99 but is worth every penny!

Link: QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of BlackBerry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST APP 2010, 2009 by Crackberry! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    rick0415 likes this.
    02-22-11 01:10 PM
    I have setup the spacebar as my shortcut, so no need for the icon even to be on your desktop, just hit the spacebar, and you will get the list of apps that you have initially entered in that list. veyr very easy way to launch apps, flagshlight, reboot device, device info, recover memory, etc.
    02-22-11 01:13 PM
    Is there a trial?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 01:55 PM
    Is there a trial?

No, there is not trial for the NikkiSoft apps. Like matrix said, $4.99 is a good price for all this app does.
    02-22-11 02:07 PM
    Too bad autofill doesn't work on some versions of OS6 browser. Some won't let you launch 3rd party apps while in some native apps. I have call blocker pro and i cant launch it in my call list to block calls, and I cant past into call blocker. It's a pain...but quicklaunch is still worth it! I use it more than I do my home screen and rarely go into my app screen. A real time saver.
    02-22-11 03:20 PM
    "sell me on this app my brothers, i feel like im missing out on blackberry goodness by not having it."

I am a little confused, why do I should I sell you. You already know that it is everyone's #1 app and I am sure you know why, so again. Why do I or "we" need to sell you. I would rather see you attempt to tell me why I do not need it.

All sarcasm aside, it is well worth the 4.99 and then some.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    02-22-11 04:38 PM
    "sell me on this app my brothers, i feel like im missing out on blackberry goodness by not having it."

I am a little confused, why do I should I sell you. You already know that it is everyone's #1 app and I am sure you know why, so again. Why do I or "we" need to sell you. I would rather see you attempt to tell me why I do not need it.

All sarcasm aside, it is well worth the 4.99 and then some.
    +1 Jim, well said.

We are not the developers so we dont neet to sell anyone

J/k, seriously, the price is really cheap for such a great app!
    02-22-11 10:15 PM
    Without getting into hyperbolic language such as "must have" I would suggest that you also take a look at ShortCutMe. Both are very fine apps. I have used both extensively and my preference is ShortCutMe.

Do yourself a favor and read up on and research both. The link for QuickLaunch is above. Here is the one for ShortCutMe: ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application

02-22-11 10:49 PM
    Thanks a lot graceless.
    02-22-11 11:25 PM
    I use QL extensively, so much that I can launch a number of features without thinking about it. The Web Search feature with multiple search engines is great, especially as it allows AutoText entries that the native browser ignores. The Profile changer is great, and I have certain functions segregated into Submenues, based on their utility. My favorite websites, the time without going to the homescreen. Totally changed the wAy I use my BlackBerry. (By the way, multi-click when you have one convenience key is really handy.)

02-22-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD