Hey there, we're about to take a 3 week trip to Costa Rica, and though our Spanish is somewhat OK it would be helpful to have a dictionary on the BB. Reception will be spotty if not non-existent, so it needs to be on the phone and not go OTA to get info. Free is best, of course, but not necessary. I've seen some paid versions, so figured I'd check on a free one here. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the help this forum offers.

~Mickey
    06-26-09 05:38 PM
    The only issue with the type of software you're asking for, is that it would have to house the database on your device.

That could prove, large, and slow. Browsing to a website like dictionary.com or something like that might prove more suitable (I know what you said about OTA, but...)
    06-26-09 05:58 PM
    Yeah I realize that, but since I'm going to be in a country where the reception is probably not available, its pretty important to have it on the BB. I can get rid of applications if I need to make room, and reinstall when I come back to the states. Thanks for the advice though.

~Mickey
    06-26-09 11:23 PM
    Maybe one of those very tiny pocket-sized English-Spanish/Spanish-English dictionaries will prove better.
    06-27-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD