Server: "This is an automated message. Your version of WhatsApp Messenger is old, has message delivery bugs and is no longer supporter. Please visit WhatsApp for BlackBerry and upgrade to the latest version. The upgrade will be free of charge and will bring message delivery improvements, bug fixes and new features such as Group Chat!"

If I visit that link I can read that WhatsApp will be free of charge for 1 year. After free trial period I can purchase it for $ 1.99/Year.

My current version of WhatsApp is 2.6.2778 and the new version is 2.6.3007.

Does anyone have received this message from WhatsApp?
    05-01-11 12:53 PM
    Just checked this, the newest version is still .2778 I think. Haven't received this.

EDIT: Go to WhatsApp for BlackBerry on your BB browser and download it from there, it's available and you won't have to pay again, since you already paid.
    Last edited by Ibn la Ahad; 05-01-11 at 02:19 PM.
    05-01-11 02:16 PM
    I received this message, too.
    After this, I installed the update via OTA-link, no problem. But after that, the app is shown in App World as uninstalled due to the newer version. I do not like this because I want to install and update - if any possible - all my BlackBerry apps via BB App World. So I installed the older version again via App World.
    Now I wait for the new version to become available there in App World.
    As far as I know, WhatsApp had serveral problems with their servers in the past few days.
    05-01-11 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD