I am one of those users that hated the new lock/standby feature of the higher 5.0 builds so I stayed on one of the older buids so I could use the Autolock app. I was tempted by the new Tour leak yesterday, so I looked around on App World and found Autolock Custom Series. It seems to work pretty well, but lacks some features of the original app such as setting the delay for locking after the backlight dims and disabling when the device is plugged in. Anyone else try this app yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 07:21 AM
    Why wait anymore? Our app AddOnis is the only app compatible with the new standby/lock function. We support the timeout as well. We have a free trial, so give it a try. AddOnis is available in the Crackberry app store and is on sale for 20% off....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 09:30 AM
    05-01-10 09:40 AM
    OS newer than version 5.0.0.411 doesn't support keypad lock. (That is, to unlock, you need to press a couple of keys to unlock).

Addonis does standby but not keylock unless you put a password to unlock.
    LockPlus is a possible candidate, however, there is one serious hole in the lock. If you hit the convenience key, it will activate the function. I tested it by remapping the convenience keys to an app and this activated whilst LockPlus was supposedly locking the BB.

Autolock Custom Edition seems to be doing the trick at the moment.
    05-03-10 10:43 PM
    Auto lock Custom Edition does work well. However, one issue I have with it is that it does not load automatically if you reboot your device. Other than setting it to toggle on with a convenience key, I don't see any way to get it to turn on at start up. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a work around or something I am missing?
    05-21-10 10:08 AM
    I agree, can someone build an app that gives me my lock button back? Similar to the lock function we had on 4.7 OS? For some reason the 9700 5.0 OS managed to keep the old lock function, but my 9630 gets standby only!! It's annoying!
    05-21-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD