I downloaded autostandby on my curve from mobihand. Does anyone know the directions for turning it on. No instructions from mobihand, just the download!!!
    07-12-08 03:08 PM
    Once it is installed, go to Options, AutoStandby and select the options you want.

You are right, the instructions were non-exixtent.
    07-12-08 03:11 PM
    Its under the options. It has its own area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 03:28 PM
    Yes. There are no instructions or directions on how to use it. There is no icon on the home screen.

But you will find it under applications, and its options are available from there. I only hope you fare better than I did. I tried many combinations of settings but received nothing but error messages. It didn't brick my phone, I just couldn't get it to work.

Perhaps having OS 4.3 is an issue. Does anyone know? I think the program is a great idea, but so far, I can't use it.
    07-12-08 03:47 PM
    finally went to options>autostandby> then enable. you can also set the seconds until the screen blanks. i won't be downloading anything else from this company. always needing directions!!
    07-12-08 03:55 PM
    Hello all,

Instructions can be found inside the readme.txt in the full zip file download. I will post it here for your convenience. You can always contact [email protected] if you have any problems with AutoStandby.

AutoStandby 1.3.1
    ---------------

Once installed, AutoStandby will attempt to check and autoconfigure various required permissions needed for operation. These are Idle Timer, Phone, and Keystroke Injection. Please accept any prompts for these permissions for correct functionality. If you do not receive a prompt asking for these permissions or AutoStandby does not appear to be functioning correctly, follow these steps:

1. Goto Options > Advanced Options > Applications
    2. If you do not see "AutoStandby" listed here here, press the Menu key and select "Modules"
    3. Select "AutoStandby" and press the Menu key and select "Edit Permissions"
    4. Under Connections, make sure "Phone" is set to ALLOW
    5. Under Interactions, make sure "Keystroke Injection" and "Security Timer Reset" are set to ALLOW
    6. Under Options > Auto Standby, make sure you have AutoStandby enabled
    7. Reboot the device with a battery pull, if necessary

Options

*Enable AutoStandby - This enables or disables the application altogether

*Disable if music player running - This will prevent AutoStandby from taking affect if one of the following players are currently running: RIM, MiuTunes, xPlayer, and BerryTunes

*Disable if connected to PC - This will prevent AutoStandby from taking affect if connected via USB to a computer.

*Seconds to wait after screen blanks - This is the amount of time AutoStandby will wait after the blacklight turns off to take affect. For example, if your backlight timeout is set to 30 seconds, and you set this delay to 30 seconds, it will take 60 seconds of idle time before AutoStandby becomes active. If you press any key during this delay, the timer will reset and the screen will turn back on.
    -Z
    07-12-08 07:32 PM
    I purchased this last night and it works as advertised. I'm disapointed that the maximum delay is only 60 seconds, and there's no icon to toggle it on and off. I'm guessing that the app access OS calls or something which is why it shows up in options and advanced options. Kind of analagous to an old Palm OS 4 hack.

Perhaps a future version can add this functionallity.

08-07-08 11:11 AM
    I have been running this program for about 2 weeks. And it has stopped working. Any Ideas?
    09-08-08 01:26 PM
    I purchased this last night and it works as advertised. I'm disapointed that the maximum delay is only 60 seconds, and there's no icon to toggle it on and off. I'm guessing that the app access OS calls or something which is why it shows up in options and advanced options. Kind of analagous to an old Palm OS 4 hack.

60 seconds didn't sound right. I just checked and I have 90 seconds, but I agree, that seems too short. I think though, that the delay is after the screen dims, which means that it's at most 120+90 seconds until standby mode.

What do you mean by it being in advanced options? I noticed that AutoStandby appeared in options (which should have been documented somehow - I kept assuming that something went wrong with my install). But, I didn't see anything in the Advanced options.
    09-08-08 06:51 PM
    I have been running this program for about 2 weeks. And it has stopped working. Any Ideas?
    I've been using it about the same time without problems. (I wish it managed both lock and standby but that's another story). Have you removing the battery recently?
    09-08-08 06:54 PM
    I have pulled the battery since i started with the device. I wil try that now.....That Solved it.
    Thanks -
    Reffy
    09-10-08 09:06 AM
    I just got the autostandby and had no clue how to set delay can someone show me how?
    How U disable autostandby for music or for PC?
    Thank you for your help
    09-10-08 06:08 PM
    Hello people! Never mind I figure it out! Music plays not an issue! Have a nice evening.

09-10-08 08:24 PM

to toggle on and off u just gotta hit the mute button 3 times

only thing i dont like about it is that the screen backlight comes back on when going into standby mode
    03-28-09 11:29 PM
    @zaventh There is a bug:I'd like Autostandby to let me add a rule in which when PodTrapper is working,no autostandby and this doesn't work. I know it needs the program running to set up the rule,but in this case Pod Trapper doesn't appear in the list. Any ideea?

03-29-09 02:33 AM
    @zaventh There is a bug:I'd like Autostandby to let me add a rule in which when PodTrapper is working,no autostandby and this doesn't work. I know it needs the program running to set up the rule,but in this case Pod Trapper doesn't appear in the list. Any ideea?

We've actually been in touch with the developer of PodTrapper. The problem is that PodTrapper is set to run at startup, and AutoStandby does not allow you to exclude autostarted applications, because generally speaking these applications will always be running the background and thus would permanently disable AutoStandby if set. PodTrapper actually runs on startup and then exits, but the approach they use is not the generally accepted standard way of accomplishing this. We gave some tips to the developer so hopefully they can make these changes for the future.

-Z
    04-03-09 01:31 PM
    mr zaventh i have the same question but concerning a different app i was under the same impression about socialscope the twitter app from ubiquitous systems (still in alpha stage). when its running i cannot add to 3rd party within autostandby and yes it is always visable in the app running (background) and since its always there i was going to contact you after it was out of alpha (thought this was the problem) but after seeing your response about podtrapper it made me think .even though i daily reboot using quickpull it is always in the background unless i force exit it by switch application, chose ss and exit after it pops up, then it says exiting sosialscope,then it cycles exit and is no longer visable- sorry for the long book . any ideas
    since i have to dissable autostandby when i use it thanks
    04-03-09 02:42 PM
    mr zaventh i have the same question but concerning a different app i was under the same impression about socialscope the twitter app from ubiquitous systems (still in alpha stage). when its running i cannot add to 3rd party within autostandby and yes it is always visable in the app running (background) and since its always there i was going to contact you after it was out of alpha (thought this was the problem) but after seeing your response about podtrapper it made me think .even though i daily reboot using quickpull it is always in the background unless i force exit it by switch application, chose ss and exit after it pops up, then it says exiting sosialscope,then it cycles exit and is no longer visable- sorry for the long book . any ideas
    since i have to dissable autostandby when i use it thanks
    Same problem I imagine. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten a SocialScope invite to say for sure ;( There is a generally accepted method recommended by RIM to have application processes autostart. Some applications do things differently, which is not exactly wrong but it's just not the best way probably. The next release of AutoStandby will allow you to exclude applications even if they run at startup when in the foreground at least, like you can do with the Browser and BBM now.

-Z
    04-03-09 02:53 PM
    Same problem I imagine. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten a SocialScope invite to say for sure ;( There is a generally accepted method recommended by RIM to have application processes autostart. Some applications do things differently, which is not exactly wrong but it's just not the best way probably. The next release of AutoStandby will allow you to exclude applications even if they run at startup when in the foreground at least, like you can do with the Browser and BBM now.

-Z

thank you
    appreciate the reply
    your app is nice keep up the good wk
    04-03-09 02:57 PM
    Just to clarify, PodTrapper utilizes the startup mechanism outlined in this RIM knowledge base article:

How to - Detect system availability on startup

I did get in touch with the AutoStandby developers, and they outlined the limitations in AutoStandby that prevent it from working with applications that run on startup. I followed up asking if AutoStandby had any interface for allowing applications like PodTrapper to work with AutoStandby and never received a response. I'd be happy to supply any messages to AutoStandby to make PodTrapper work with it, either via Global messages or any other interface. Just wanted to make sure that people don't think it's an issue with PodTrapper.

-Marcus
    VersatileMonkey.com
    Last edited by marwatk; 04-14-09 at 11:07 PM.
    04-14-09 09:05 PM
    Has their been any updates to this problem? I use PodTrapper daily and always have to shut autostandby off which makes a big difference in my battery life.

I miss having Autostandby running.
    06-12-09 03:11 AM
    Has their been any updates to this problem? I use PodTrapper daily and always have to shut autostandby off which makes a big difference in my battery life.

I miss having Autostandby running.
    Sorry, I haven't heard anything from the Auto-Standby people as far as how to work around it from my end. Wish I had a better answer for you.

-Marcus
    VersatileMonkey.com
    06-16-09 07:24 PM
    I just got it and am having a problem.
    I have it set to 30 secs which means it should go into mode after 60
    It keeps relighting my home screen and staying on for 20 secs then going of for 20...then back on..
    06-27-09 10:42 PM
    I just got it and am having a problem.
    I have it set to 30 secs which means it should go into mode after 60
    It keeps relighting my home screen and staying on for 20 secs then going of for 20...then back on..
    no bug no problem it will turn your back light on with a pop up that says now entering standby mode (to the effect ) thats the way it was designed they all do this i have had it on 4 bb's and z also posted on one of of these threads about the same thing as long as it activates your all good.
    06-27-09 11:01 PM
    no bug no problem it will turn your back light on with a pop up that says now entering standby mode (to the effect ) thats the way it was designed they all do this i have had it on 4 bb's and z also posted on one of of these threads about the same thing as long as it activates your all good.
    It doesn't do that...it just completely repeats over and over....The screen comes on...stays on for 10-15 seconds then goes off for 20...I think it is working in lock mode but thats not what im trying to do.
    There is no way this is saving battery if the screen is constantly flickering

Im running oneofakind .151
    screen wont stop repeating after every 20 secs....driving me crazy
    06-28-09 12:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD