I have been using AutoLock and it does what it is supposed to do, but is there an application out there that is an Auto Standby where the phone goes into standby mode automatically in a set time?

Autolock still allows the keyboard to be pressed where the screen goes on and tells you to unlock the keyboard by pressing * and send button....that to me doesn't really save much battery power as if the phone can still be in yoru pocket or so and the keyboard can still be bumped against something flipping that screen on for a few seconds.

Where Standby mode completely puts the keyboard nonfunctional until you press the mute button on top of phone. That mute button is less vulnerable to being pressed in a pocket then a keyboard is.
    06-03-09 08:30 AM
    06-03-09 08:33 AM
    AS is the best app ever for BB's.
    06-03-09 08:46 AM
    I have both...I bit the bullet and bought AutoStandby thinking I would like that since it saved the battery some...but I'm not sure I like it. It works exactly as advertized, but I like my screen to light up when I push a button, even if it's still locked, if that makes sense. JMO.
    06-03-09 03:08 PM
    Autolock utilities lock the keyboard - so you require two key presses to unlock the device.
    It doesn't necessarily switches off the LCD screen so the drain on the battery is a bit more than Autostandby utilities

AutoStandby utility puts the device in a better power saving mode and locks the keyboard. It requires ONE keypress on most BB's to take it out of standby.

Love the Autostandby utility, worth the money.
    06-03-09 06:05 PM
    I have both...I bit the bullet and bought AutoStandby thinking I would like that since it saved the battery some...but I'm not sure I like it. It works exactly as advertized, but I like my screen to light up when I push a button, even if it's still locked, if that makes sense. JMO.
    You can still have your screen light up in standby if you press Send, Menu, Back, or End (the top four buttons). Well, at least that's how it works on my 8330.
    06-03-09 06:07 PM
    done anyone know if you can set autostandy to "unlock" with the keyboard. ie set a combination to unlock? reason i ask is my standby button plays up alot on my Bold. thanks in advance.
    06-06-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD