I am using the Curve 8900 and have a question.

While in the woods walking today, I heard a bird call that I could not identify.

First I tried using the voice notes function in hopes of capturing the bird call as an audio file. No such luck. When I played it back, I could not hear anything.

Then I captured video, which probably picked up the bird call, but is no use if I just want to share the audio with someone at the Audubon society. Of course, I can separate the audio and video in a video editor, but that is a pain.

So that leads to the question, is there any kind of audio recording sofware for the BB, or am I limited to what I have already tried?

Elizabeth K.
    04-13-09 11:32 AM
    Thre is a great application called VR+ you can found it hehre:
    h t t ps://vr.shapeservices.com/started.php
    04-13-09 01:15 PM
    If you like the software PM me to give you a link for the full version.
    04-13-09 01:18 PM
    Thanks. I will check out the software.
    04-13-09 01:26 PM
    yeah, the built in voice record on the 8900 seems terrible..
    The sound quality is awful and some words are lost due to the low quality.

VR+ looks pretty good but are there any freeware voice record apps?
    04-14-09 12:48 AM
    Good app thanks for posting it!
    05-29-09 01:12 PM
    I purchased VR+ because it was advertised as being compatible with my Curve, and also because it worked with wave format. Well, it doesn't work with Wave format on my phone. Their position is that I should have downloaded the trial version and tested it 1st, and the problem is with my phone and not their software. Bull. They don't have this information anywhere on theire site. It's false advertising to have a phone listed as supported and then it not be. The amr format sounds just as bad as the regular voice recorder you get with the blackberry. I wanted wave format to record music ideas I have for songs on my phone. They should have refunded my money, but they refused. I think they are a despicible business. If you need this software, and can't find anything as a substitute. Make sure it works with your phone 1st, because if it doesn't they won't give you a refund.
    11-13-09 08:16 AM
    next time the solution is easy DISPUTE it with your credit card. IE "take" your money back by force.

one of the few good things about credit cards. buyer protection from rip offs

is there a FREE option that records audio into any format that is open ie NOT amr. mp3 or wav is fine by me but audio recording on the bb is utterly useless if I have to use funky software to get to the stinking files.
    03-20-10 08:38 PM
    If you like the software PM me to give you a link for the full version.
    Hi can you PM the full version link?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 04:41 AM
    I don't want to hijack this thread but does anyone also know of an app or a way to record audio directly to the media card?? Not sure if this is possible because I'm not sure if the headphone jack can be used as an audio input. Or maybe some kind of device that could plug into the headphone jack or the micro usb port with an audio input??

03-21-10 09:13 AM
    I am looking for this as well

03-21-10 09:33 AM
    I don't want to hijack this thread but does anyone also know of an app or a way to record audio directly to the media card?? Not sure if this is possible because I'm not sure if the headphone jack can be used as an audio input. Or maybe some kind of device that could plug into the headphone jack or the micro usb port with an audio input??

most of the audio recorders do record to the media card.

we have just released voicememo app and it records only to the media card

check it out here VoiceMemo - Record voice memo for contacts, after each call, email voice memo - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    03-21-10 09:56 AM
    Cool app but the inline recording is the more important feature that I am looking for.

03-21-10 02:51 PM
    Bump

03-23-10 06:46 PM
    Does it really make a difference making a voice record with an app other than the default one? I mean, one is inclined to think that the problem is not the app, but the microphone... What's your experience on this, guys?
    04-19-10 10:07 AM
    Does it really make a difference making a voice record with an app other than the default one? I mean, one is inclined to think that the problem is not the app, but the microphone... What's your experience on this, guys?
    I totaly agree with you. Unless the app has some type of equalizer filter feature of course. I'm still looking for an inline recording app myself. I still want to know if this is even possible. The headphone jack would have to also be an input as well as output. Unless the usb port could handle this . Then I would just need a wire made with a micro usb on one side and a male headphone plug on the other.

04-19-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD