I'm not much of an astronomy geek, but I do work all night long, and am always looking for things to make the night go by faster. if you go to Heavens-Above Home Page, you can input your co-ordinates and it'll spit out neat things you can see, like satellites passing overhead.

An app that I could turn on while at work and bored, that would monitor my GPS location and provide alerts a few minutes before something worth seeing becomes visible, would be really cool. Also, if it provided star charts and the like, based on my location, that's something i would use, too.

Any astronomy buffs out there have any thoughts on this?
    04-30-09 02:51 AM
    SPACE.com -- Applets, Widgets and Gadgets!
    MicroSky

that's about as good as you're gonna get right now. it would be nice to have better apps, but people are too busy making fart apps and useless crap like that.
    04-30-09 05:16 AM
    There's also an free app called Starry Night which is okay, about the same as MicroSky - maybe a little better. Don't have a link to it at the moment but a quick google search will find it for you. IMO, the BB is long overdue for a solid astronomy app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skyjackal; 04-30-09 at 11:46 AM.
    04-30-09 11:44 AM
    There's also an free app called Starry Night which is okay, about the same as MicroSky - maybe a little better. Don't have a link to it at the moment but a quick google search will find it for you. IMO, the BB is long overdue for a solid astronomy app.

starry night is in my previous post. first link

and yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue
    05-01-09 06:03 AM
    starry night is in my previous post. first link

and yeah, waaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue
    Ah yes, sorry. Didn't realize that.

I guess as good as we're gonna get for now. Errrgghhh...

05-01-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD