Hi,

Im having a really simple problem that i just cant figure out.

Im trying to "relocate/change" my BB top button lock to Volume Down (1-click) but it just wont work. Ive now changed all kinds of settings within the app and now it says it can find the settings to restore??? Either way 1-click VOlume down is not locking my phone even tho i have tried to change it.. Everything else works fine tho.

Can anyone please help?
    10-03-11 02:15 PM
    As far as I know there is no way to assign the "lock keypad" function to other keys. Nor is it possible to disable it on the lock keypad button

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 02:20 PM
    As far as I know there is no way to assign the "lock keypad" function to other keys. Nor is it possible to disable it on the lock keypad button

Hi Jug, thanks for your response.

Can anyone confirm this'/?? I had just received an email response to the question from the developer and he had told me that its working on his own phone..
    10-03-11 02:51 PM
    Hi Jug, thanks for your response.

Can anyone confirm this'/?? I had just received an email response to the question from the developer and he had told me that its working on his own phone..
    Well the way you phrased it, you said "lock" not "lock keypad function" I assume he thinks you meant the actual "lock" (aka password lock) which is do-able with MediaKeyBooster

10-03-11 02:57 PM
    Well the way you phrased it, you said "lock" not "lock keypad function" I assume he thinks you meant the actual "lock" (aka password lock) which is do-able with MediaKeyBooster

The Lock function i am referring to is the Lock button located on the top of the phone (Bold 9930) where when you press it the screen goes blank and no keypad presses will unlock the phone until you repress the Lock button again..

It doesnt require any password entering.
    10-03-11 03:02 PM
    PaperPlanes7, Why don't you set 'Launches' field of 1x VolumeDown click to 'Lock'?

10-03-11 03:03 PM
    PaperPlanes7, Why don't you set 'Launches' field of 1x VolumeDown click to 'Lock'?

See? It's the way you phrased it PaperPlanes7, you told Vijik "lock" not "lock keypad"
    Duplicating the top "lock keypad" button of your phone is not possible as far as I know

10-03-11 03:06 PM

Launches ??? Where is this ??

Under the Config Page i see
    -Media Key:
    -number of clicks
    -open setup page
    -disable 5 click option

Where is launches?

I feel stupid
    10-03-11 03:17 PM
    Launches ??? Where is this ??

Under the Config Page i see
    -Media Key:
    -number of clicks
    -open setup page
    -disable 5 click option

Where is launches?

I feel stupid
    You didn't get curious enough to click "open setup page"? :|

10-03-11 03:19 PM
    Okay. Now I understand.
    Lock Keypad is not supported by MKB.
    I will check and see if there is an API for it. If so, I will add it.

Do you see 'Launch' field. The one that has a drop down menu on the page that shows up after you hit "Open Setup Page" button on the main page of MKB (MKB Config Page)?

10-03-11 03:22 PM
    You didn't get curious enough to click "open setup page"? :|

dOh! haha i see it.. Ok, let me play around a little bit more. Im just multitasking and im not paying full attention to anything im doing. Its that kinda day for me.

Thanks for your help thus far.
    10-03-11 03:26 PM
    Okay. Now I understand.
    Lock Keypad is not supported by MKB.
    I will check and see if there is an API for it. If so, I will add it.

Do you see 'Launch' field. The one that has a drop down menu on the page that shows up after you hit "Open Setup Page" button on the main page of MKB (MKB Config Page)?

Yea i see it now.. Yea please do check if you can find an API for it..

In the meantime, im still tryin to familiarize myself with the app. Havent really had the time to fully understand its capabilities and fucntions and so forth.

The most important one to me is the Lock function of course. Using my thumb to hit Volume down is much much more convenient than having to use my pointing figure to press the top lock button.
    10-03-11 03:28 PM

In the meantime, im still tryin to familiarize myself with the app. Havent really had the time to fully understand its capabilities and fucntions and so forth.

The most important one to me is the Lock function of course. Using my thumb to hit Volume down is much much more convenient than having to use my pointing figure to press the top lock button.
    Again, you mean "Lock Keypad", just saying Lock implies you mean locking your phone (which works just fine) :P
    If I get some time today perhaps I'll do a lil tutorial with screen shots and such.

10-03-11 03:35 PM
    Again, you mean "Lock Keypad", just saying Lock implies you mean locking your phone (which works just fine) :P
    If I get some time today perhaps I'll do a lil tutorial with screen shots and such.

OK. Once and for all ... LOCK in my terms means the button on the top of the phone - on the aluminium bezel itself. When you press it you see "Screen is Locked. Press the Lock button to unlock".

I am not referring to the lock keypad which is also similar to pressing the letter A on the keypad.

yea do a tutorial!
    10-03-11 03:38 PM

That is an option that I have set up on my phone using this app.
    10-04-11 05:56 PM
    Lock already exists and you can set any of the 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x clicks of those 4 media keys to lock your device.
    This lock is actually Password Lock.

Keypad Lock (happens when the key on top of the BB is clicked) is not supported by the released version of MKB, but last night I made a new version that does support Keypad Lock. With this new version you can assign any of the 16 shortcuts to (Keypad) lock your BB.
    I will soon make that version available for beta testing.

barrist likes this.
    10-05-11 07:19 AM
    let me try... seems like so useful for my Torch which only had 1 convenience key....
    10-05-11 12:19 PM
    It would be great to have a 'null' shortcut. On one key I only have the 2x click enabled, so when I click 3 times by mistake it brings up the setup screen. Can this be disabled? For example, I would want to set the 3x to 'null' so that it won't launch anything, and won't pop up the setup screen. Make sense?
    10-05-11 05:21 PM
    It would be great to have a 'null' shortcut. On one key I only have the 2x click enabled, so when I click 3 times by mistake it brings up the setup screen. Can this be disabled? For example, I would want to set the 3x to 'null' so that it won't launch anything, and won't pop up the setup screen. Make sense?
    Choose "Disable" from the Launch drop down menu

joesworld likes this.
    10-05-11 05:25 PM
    Choose "Disable" from the Launch drop down menu
    Exactly.

joesworld, when you open 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x setting page, look at the text at the bottom of the page to find 'Disable' and other special settings for 'Launch' field.
    joesworld likes this.
    10-05-11 06:54 PM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.4.1.1 is on beta link.

It has a new function called 'KeypadLock'. If 'Launch' field is set to that, the shortcut can lock the keypad (unlocking done by clicking the Lock key on top of the BB).

Please upgrade and let me know if you any bug.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    10-05-11 06:57 PM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.4.1.1 is on beta link.

It has a new function called 'KeypadLock'. If 'Launch' field is set to that, the shortcut can lock the keypad (unlocking done by clicking the Lock key on top of the BB).

Please upgrade and let me know if you any bug.
    Just checked and it's still 1.4.1.0 for OS7. I'll check back in a little bit in case you're still uploading it or whatever
    10-05-11 07:35 PM
    Just checked and it's still 1.4.1.0 for OS7. I'll check back in a little bit in case you're still uploading it or whatever
    Email me the link you have for the beta site.
    10-05-11 07:55 PM
    Thanks.

Try again. It should be okay now. (Also do a refresh on the actual download page)
    10-05-11 08:25 PM
    Works perfect on 9900/7.0.0.353, BUT make 100% sure all the permissions are set to ALLOW. I will do some checking as to exaclty what permission is required for this.

10-05-11 09:42 PM
165 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD